Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Video Signal as screensaver instead of Dim/Black
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I use Kodi on OSMC on a rpi and love everything about it. Thing is, I tend to fall asleep while watching stuff. So I'm looking for a way for my projector to turn off autoatically when the movie/episode I was watching is done.
The projector I'm using has a standby/turn off feature if it receives no signal for a perriod of time. And Kodi has a screensaver feature. So if my episode is done, after 3 minutes Kodi goes to black as screensaver and after another 5 minutes my projector should in theory turn off. The thing is he doesn't, which makes me think that the "Black" option in kodi screensaver is not doing what I thought it did. The auto sleep feature for the projector worked when I was using my computer and it went to sleep, so I would need a feature that makes kodi sleep or at least not send a video signal. Ideally not the entire system goes to sleep because there is more sutff running in the background on osmc. But if the entire rpi went to sleep it would still be something...

I tried to use the sleep timer addon, which doesn't help me.

Anybody got an idea what I can do to not have my projector run all night? Big Grin

Thanks in Advance!