Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Resume from last position
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Long time ago I found out that the resume from last position doesn't work anymore.
I rarely use Kodi nowadays, but this time I decided to give it a go, and installed it on my android nexus tablet to watch a couple of movies during the flight.
So I had to stop watching for a while, even pressed the stop button, and then had to start from the beginning and use a very unfriendly seeking to find my last position.

I'm not really trying to offend anyone, but I can't understand - what's the purpose of these numerous new releases, while such a BASIC option like 'resume from where i stopped' doesn't work out of the box?
Do you plan to make Kodi a geek-only tool? then I guess you must remove pre-compiled binaries, compiling a release is a great 'phun'!

Do I miss something? Not talking about non-working scraping on both my Nexus Players.

One the one side we have Plex with an awesome UI, incredible scraping and absolutely stupid and useless playback scheme.
On the otherside - Kodi that I used to love so much years ago, which now has a very doubtful skins, and non-working basic features.

Luckly I had VLC Player installed, which did all the job.
Wow, so much insults because you can't figure out how to resume play.
fwiw Kodi should ask you if you want to resume playing from last stopped position. Some skins provide a resume button in the video info screen so you can skip the popup dialog. But I guess you should just stick to VLC Wink
(2017-01-13, 13:24)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, so much insults because you can't figure out how to resume play.
fwiw Kodi should ask you if you want to resume playing from last stopped position. Some skins provide a resume button in the video info screen so you can skip the popup dialog. But I guess you should just stick to VLC Wink

Well, you know what, those 'smart guys' who thought the same where left behind by Apple 10 years ago. Because nowadays there are so many things around, and we don't have time to 'figure out how to resume play'.
So if your ORIGINAL SKIN doesn't ask to RESUME play, it's probably my fault, right?

Will stick to VLC as recommended, not sure where you guys get your money from, but it's not gonna last forever, sorry.
(2017-01-13, 13:27)VictorMSK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-13, 13:24)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, so much insults because you can't figure out how to resume play.

Well, you know what, those 'smart guys' who thought the same where left behind by Apple 10 years ago. Because nowadays there are so many things around, and we don't have time to 'figure out how to resume play'.
So if your ORIGINAL SKIN doesn't ask to RESUME play, it's probably my fault, right?

Will stick to VLC as recommended, not sure where you guys get your money from, but it's not gonna last forever, sorry.

On windows, original skin ask me if I want to resume and it should be the same on android

A few solutions:

-you find a bug and a debug log (wiki) could be helpful for dev to fix it
-you have something wrong with your kodi and a debug log (wiki) could be helpful for people to help you
It's not skin specific Smile
My guess is you played the file before 3 min had passed or after 90% had played, which are the (adjustable) thresholds for making a resume point.
I could tell you to dive in the advanced settings section to set these to your liking, but that would be too geeky for you.

We are an open source software project. You can see on the main page where we get our money from.