Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Custom Trailers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I tried to add some custom downloaded trailers to a film, but this trailer doesn't appear in the "media files" tab.

If I download a trailer directly using tMM, it appears in the "media files" tab and then I can overwrite this trailer file with my own file trailer to solve the above problem. But if the downloaded trailer if a different extension than mine, the "media files" and the tMM DB is not updated with the new extension, it mantain the old one.

If I use "edit movie", it's possible to add a new trailer, but the information is not updated (as I notice in a previous post).

It's possible to add own trailers to a film, and update film the information to identify it?

Thanks,
to pick up a trailer file in tmm, tmm must be able to detect it.
try to change the filename of the trailer to the same as the base movie file with "-trailer" at the end and do an update datasource after that

if you add trailers in the movie editor, you simply put urls into a list of trailers (has nothing to do with downloaded trailers)
Ok, in every change of files is necessary to update the datasource.

Thanks
update data sources is always needed to synchronize the tmm database with the actual file structure
It's possible to choose a downloaded trailer to appear in the .NFO file? I tried to "check it" but It's not possible unless I change the URL to another with at least containing "http://" string.

The trailer on the filesystem has always precedence inside Kodi, regardless, if it is stated in NFO or not.
So there's no need to add it here...