Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 17 final, ir remote endless loops.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, since v,17 beta3 (im not sure about the exact version) the first one at Windows store. I get endless loops when i move on the kodis gui, is like u keep pressing a direction button for ever. Works fine with a usb keyboard. Is just the ir remote. Seems like kodi internally is not doing what i push on the remote.

This bug is easy to reproduce, always happen.

Windows 10 x64
Kodi 17 rc4
Intel nuc6i5xxx
Any mce ir remote

Try to navigate on kodi menus for 5 seconds

Infinite loop incoming

Ty for the hard work guys. Keep it up.
Oh and another little bug on rc3, when u push the toggle window/fullscreen button (the one below the esc key) kodi go to window mode but when you press again and kodi go back to full screen it goes on 1024.768 instead of 1080p

Not critical but a bit annoying
I'm experiencing a very similar problem with my NUC and my IR remote.
Posted a thread a week ago, but since I got no replies, I think it's not a general issue and for most people it's working OK...

Here's my original post: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=303634
Maybe the windows store version still has problems. Why not replace it with a copy from kodi.tv?

I have a Vista Media Center USB IR remote on my Windows 10 with Kodi 17 RC3 working fine. Maybe it is a quirk with the NUC.
In my case, I'm running RC3 downloaded from kodi.tv, not the Windows Store version.
And yes, it could be a NUC issue only...
Ok, this is not a nuc issue. If i close kodi 17 rc3, i can navigate on windows store apps without any problem, i can shut down the nuc on the ir on one push on the remote. I installed the 16.1 version and works fine too with the remote. So no, this is not a nuc problem.

This is a krypton software bug. im 100% sure.

Is like kodi is not doing what u are pressing. Miss interpreting the remote buttons?

I think on beta 1 & 2 was working fine. Was arround beta 3 when the bug started.
I think they did change the builtin remotes.xml or one of those files in 17. I know my remote buttons do different things on 17 RC3 depending on which OS I'm using, I have a PI, a PC with windows 10 and a PC with Ubuntu, the same USB Vista MCE remote.

I don't know anything about the NUC; how is the IR implemented?
Right, i think there is something about remotes.xml problem too.

The intel nucs use a built in Consumer Infrared (cir) from ITE tech.

Drivers are here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=89190

This just works out of the box with any mce compatible ir remote. You can navigate on windows with the remote, start/shutdown the NUC...

And also works out of the box without any configuration on kodi 16.1

But its a madness on 17 rc3

Another little bug i found that is pressent on kodi 16.1 too is when kodi is searching for new content (scrapling) and you try to close kodi to go on windows it wont close, u need to kill the task on task manager. Not critical bug but a bit annoying.
Ok my nuc is on windows store RC4 now, it seems like the 768p bug when switching from windowed to fullscree is gone. Nice

I'll test the remote endless loops as soon as i go home. Hope is fixed now!
Tested on RC4, still same endless loops. I think this is a easy one to catch. Hope its fixed befor 17 final.
Do you have any control devices plugged into the USB ports, for example a game pad/controller? if so try unplugging them.
Mmmm, i just got a usb keyboard logitech k400.

But this keyboard was plugged 4 ever. So i dont get why can be now a problem. Anyway ill try it without the keyboard, so nothing on usb, later today.

And ill report back.

Ty for the suggestion.
Ok, i tried it without the usb k400 keyboard and still the same endless loops navigating menus.

nothing is conected by usb, and the remote works flawless on windows 10 before opening kodi.

I can test what u want, just ask me and ill do my best. Just want this bug fixed befor 17 final. Its sooo annoying.
Tested on kodi 17 final, still same endless loops.
Do you think there will be a 17.1 bugfix release?

I dont get how this bug is on the final release. This bug makes all intel nuc ir unusable. I cant even navigate the menus. Confused
Pages: 1 2