Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aspect ratio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running an android 5.1 with Kodi 16.1 and having issues with aspect ratio. Searched the forum and saw someone else figured out that you click on the 'reel' while running a video to change from wide/zoom/16:9 etc. only on my system these do not come up as options. Only stereoscopic 3D settings. What am I missing? I want to watch movies in the original letterbox format but they are getting automatically stretched vertically to fill the screen. The zoom is not on so it should be in normal 16:9 ratio. It's like this on all movies I watch.
This may have more to do with the device you are using and it's settings, but flipping around the various aspects/zoom is using the keyboard 'z' key, toggle that a few times and see if you can wake up your box. Ensure your display is alive before launching Kodi (to avoid handshaking issues). There should be some video calibration in system settings, you might want to check that.
Hi, also "Running an android 5.1 with Kodi 16.1 and having issues with aspect ratio." I have the same issues as Sigville1. Tested the PatK options like the "Reel" icon in the below menu of the intermittent behaving player and 2nd, the "Z" key. They both do not set/change anything in the box its settings with result as to changing the picture/movie its aspect ratio. They are only 'status' showing little menu's. For example; i download the file "La la land" (aside: the info states that it is a HD version but it is not) When finally all the time consuming startup hic-ups are passed, the movie runs but shows a incorrect 'aspect ratio'. The top < > bottom screen view is overstretched , people look like the Navi and cars look like eggs. ;^)

So, my humble technical guess is that a downloaded file already incorporating a wrong aspect ratio cannot be corrected in the overall Kodi settings.

Please.......any1 out there Kodi guru's, give us a solution please ? Old school downloading from usenet was much easier on my old Xstreamer player.
Before going any further you need to read the forum rules (wiki) on piracy and banned addons (wiki). Your downloaded file is a movie that is in the cinemas, and we are not going to help you to break our own rules here. We do not condone or support piracy, nor those who choose to use Kodi for such purposes.
I have the same problem on my Tv Box with Kodi 16.1 preinstalled
(2017-03-02, 19:35)andrufg Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem on my Tv Box with Kodi 16.1 preinstalled
Likely your issue lies in post #4
Most likely an issue with the 'Minimise black bars' setting in Kodi, setting it to Off would probably fix these issues.