Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: master user profile skin settings not saved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am seeing problem when I have multiple profiles.
If I log into the master profile and change a skin setting, then log out and then back in the setting is not saved.
Some more info:

OS is Windows 10
Kodi Version 17 RC3

Reproduce issue
- Install Kodi
- Create a new Profile (Any name is fine)
- Turn on Login screen at boot
- Restart Kodi
- Go to settings, interface, skin settings
- Change the "Use slide animation" to off
- log off Master user then log back onto Master user
- Go back to the settings, interface, skin settings
- The "Use slide animation" is still on

The setting was not saved.

If I actually Exit at the power menu instead of logging off then the Master user settings are saved.

This is only for the Master user profile, if I do the same thing for the new profile I created it saves correctly.

I am not sure this is a Skin issue, should this be here or in a different thread?
I don't think this issue is particular to Estuary. It appears that Kodi only saves skin changes to disk on exit (I've seen this issue at least since v16). I've not ever used profiles, but it sounds like Kodi also saves changes when switching out of the non-Master profile.
I can confirm this. Settings in non-master profiles seem to save just fine, but the master profile reverts back to the way it was before. Is there a way to force a save on the master profile? I don't remember this happening with the last version of Kodi with Confluence.
I have the set-top media player RTV-box RK3399 X99.
New out of the box. Kodi fresh installed. (17.6)
Kodi does not save ANY settings, after rebooting the mediaplayer, all settings are lost.
Default, the Master profile is used.

When I create a new profile in Kodi and then use that profile instead of the standard master profile, settings are saved correctly.
Sounds like a major bug.