Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
watzen Wrote:for 7.1/5.1/2.0/1.0/0 I found these types of icons easy:

There's more of those on wikipedia(but they're quite easy to make yourself)
Cool, however I think I personally prefer only numbers myself, but with the exception of MONO (1.0) I think.

So logos for; MONO, 2.0, 4.0 (for Dolby Pro-Logic), 4.1, 5.1, 6.1, and 7.1 would be great, yes all those Cool

We will also need different sizes of the logos for each popular resolution (480p/576p, 720p, and 1080p/1080i).

PS! There is an open feature request for SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) support in XBMC Skinning-Engine:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4332
Though no developer have volunteered so far to code that yet.
I am assuming that this is only for library users and there is no way (or plan to make a way) to have this in files view as well....
this is library only
how much longer will the scans take when checking for: video res, audio type.

not sure if this was discussed before, will this also check audio language?
cold_realms Wrote:I am assuming that this is only for library users and there is no way (or plan to make a way) to have this in files view as well....
I was thinking it could be extended to be available in file view as well, but there's a fundamental reason why it can't be at this time. I wouldn't rule it completely out for the future though.
Quote:how much longer will the scans take when checking for: video res, audio type.
not sure if this was discussed before, will this also check audio language?
I'm not sure what you're asking in the first question. How long does it take to probe a file? Less time than the thumbnail generator. On my laptop a probe takes anywhere from 350-700ms for a mkv with a single video/audio track.

As for saving the language I think that's still up for discussion.
Well it will all be moot (file view vs library) is there was a sort by folder mode in the libarty as gamester suggested in Oct on the boxee forums http://forum.boxee.tv/showthread.php?p=2913

I will have to poke around and see if that was ever implemented as when I move to a PC based XBMC that will be the last hurdle to switching to library vs. file.
I'd love to have Folder view in Library mode. I could then drop Twonky and use the upnp server in XBMC for my dlna devices Nod
I love this idea for sure ... I've updated Move Info Plus to output the video details to the .nfo files based off some PM's between me and CapnBry. Here's an output for I am Legend.

http://pastebin.com/f6f045b3f

It reads the data using MediaInfo.dll and, after some more testing to make sure it outputs for the different media types, will create that data when it scans in the movie into MIP.

I have a bunch of icons for MIP included that I created that are specific to tagging images, feel free to use those. These are put into the resources/tagging/default folder in the MIP install directory.
I would like to request tagging of SD files also.

SD files can have several different resolutions, and more importantly some can be PAL while others are NTSC.

With SD this difference matters less but is still of importance for interlaced content
tetsuo55 Wrote:I would like to request tagging of SD files also.

SD files can have several different resolutions, and more importantly some can be PAL while others are NTSC.

With SD this difference matters less but is still of importance for interlaced content

SD content can be of many different sizes, I think that would be to much.
tetsuo55 Wrote:I would like to request tagging of SD files also.
For non-HD videos I personally think that a aspect-ratio flag might work good instead, meaning a 'widescreen flag', with overlay thumbnails to show "4:3" or "16:9" on those non-HD videos, ...(and think that safe is to always assume that high-definition files are in widescreen aspect-ratio, as otherwise they are not following the 720p/1080i/1080p standard, so high-def videos do not need an aspect-ratio overlay thumbnail).

Good idea? Huh
makes sense to me
Gamester17 Wrote:, ...(and think that safe is to always assume that high-definition files are in widescreen aspect-ratio, as otherwise they are not following the 720p/1080i/1080p standard, so high-def videos do not need an aspect-ratio overlay thumbnail).

Good idea? Huh

meeeeeeeh (buzzer noise) incorrect Star trek the original series is out on Hidef HD-DVD or Bluray (can't remember which) and is only 4x3
Jezz_X Wrote:meeeeeeeh (buzzer noise) incorrect Star trek the original series is out on Hidef HD-DVD or Bluray (can't remember which) and is only 4x3

Maybe there could be an option to manually set the flags for videos like these. They are pretty rare, although I do have a couple myself (Pixar short films)

Or they could be detected (this example is for 720) by checking for 1920 > X >= 1280 as well as the rest of the X-values for 1080l etc, and then if it doesn't match any for width, check for 1080 > Y >= 720 ... I hope that made sense.
Hey guys...can't wait to see this stuff implemented. I'm just curious as to how you were going to store this data after it's scanned. The library?

I ask, because I'd wanted to point out fekker's post where he says he's got the .nfo files set up to keep the resolution and audio stream information with the rest of the video info after being scanned with MIP. Just wondering if this would increase overall scan speed as XBMC would just be pulling another few bits of info from a file it would already be scanning...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43