Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
digitalhigh Wrote:Hey guys...can't wait to see this stuff implemented. I'm just curious as to how you were going to store this data after it's scanned. The library?

I ask, because I'd wanted to point out fekker's post where he says he's got the .nfo files set up to keep the resolution and audio stream information with the rest of the video info after being scanned with MIP. Just wondering if this would increase overall scan speed as XBMC would just be pulling another few bits of info from a file it would already be scanning...
It is stored in the database after it is probed and then not probed again unless you hit Refresh from the info screen.

Yes having the information in the nfo file speed it up considerably because it doesn't have to probe the file at all. Was there a question there?
CapnBry Wrote:It is stored in the database after it is probed and then not probed again unless you hit Refresh from the info screen.

Yes having the information in the nfo file speed it up considerably because it doesn't have to probe the file at all. Was there a question there?

The question would have been "Are you going to take advantage of having the information stored in a .nfo file."
Oh yes then, absolutely, I've worked with fekker and the information in the nfo file supercedes any probing (and in fact no probe will happen if there is information in the nfo that satiates the probe).
CapnBry Wrote:Oh yes then, absolutely, I've worked with fekker and the information in the nfo file supercedes any probing (and in fact no probe will happen if there is information in the nfo that satiates the probe).

Excellent. One less thing I need to do to my collection before the arrival of Stark. Big Grin
Jezz_X Wrote:meeeeeeeh (buzzer noise) incorrect Star trek the original series is out on Hidef HD-DVD or Bluray (can't remember which) and is only 4x3

If it's 4x3 though, then surely it can't be 720p or 1080p/i since those are 16:9 aspect ratio resolutions? It would probably need a different logo/icon

I think a 4:3 or 16:9 flag for non-HD stuff would be very useful, especially when drawing episode thumbs on screen since at the moment it's a bit of a pain to have areas for the thumbs that are too wide or high, simply because we don't know if it's widescreen or not. (I realise that the thumb MAY not be in the same aspect ratio as the video but at least an assumption I could make if I wanted to)
CapnBry, I tried searching the thread (it's long now!) for MediaInfo and came upon a relatively hold post. Is the system you are working on using MediaInfo or a different route? Care to summarize how it will work?
Yeah sure. It does not use MediaInfo, just the ffmpeg wrappers what are already in use for playing files/generating thumbnails. There are two ways it can get the information
1) When a video is played, and there is no "streaminfo" available, it saves the information about the first video and audio stream to the database.
2) The alternative is that you can use the scanner to preload streaminfo for things you haven't played yet. In this case, information about the highest resolution video stream is saved, and the audio stream with the highest channel count. I'm not sure what I'll use to trigger that an item will be background scanned though, because it does take a non-negligible amount of time. That's kinda where I am now with it, but haven't had the energy to work it out yet.

Information pulled:
Video Codec
Video Width -> becomes VideoResolution
Audio Codec
Audio Channel Count

Considering adding these as well:
Audio Language (of the primary audio track)
Subtitle Language (of the first subtitle track)
Video Height -> to calculate VideoAspect
CapnBry Wrote:Considering adding these as well:

Would it be too hard to store all audio languages and subtitles, in an array or something, then this could be used on the info screen, but not for creating overlays. Should be nice I think.
CapnBry Wrote:In this case, information about the highest resolution video stream is saved, and the audio stream with the highest channel count.

Can I please request in cases of multiple 6ch audio tracs the one with the highest bitrate be chosen + detailed? That way my hd-dvd rips that have DTS-MA/dolby trueHD will detail that track by default and ignore the backup AC3 track I put in there as a fallback.
Freddo Wrote:Can I please request in cases of multiple 6ch audio tracs the one with the highest bitrate be chosen + detailed? That way my hd-dvd rips that have DTS-MA/dolby trueHD will detail that track by default and ignore the backup AC3 track I put in there as a fallback.

I don't think you'll see a difference between DTS/DTS-MA or ac3/dolby true hd. they will all report as dts or ac3.
CapnBry Wrote:Information pulled:
Video Codec
Video Width -> becomes VideoResolution
Audio Codec
Audio Channel Count

Considering adding these as well:
Thanks for all the info! One thing that I see TV Series (for Media Portal) doing is the ability to indicate a subtitle being available even if it's an external one (.srt, .ass, whatever). Would this be possible?
blittan Wrote:Would it be too hard to store all audio languages and subtitles, in an array or something, then this could be used on the info screen, but not for creating overlays. Should be nice I think.
It is possible, but it is not on my todo list at all. The storage would have to be normalized into a table (one row for each audio, video, and subtitle stream) which then would not be able to be used in the library list view due to its layout. That means that this could be done in addition to the code I'm adding, not as part of what I'm doing.
watzen Wrote:I don't think you'll see a difference between DTS/DTS-MA or ac3/dolby true hd. they will all report as dts or ac3.
This is accurate. The codec doesn't know the sub-type so it can not differentiate between the various flavors.
ashlar Wrote:Thanks for all the info! One thing that I see TV Series (for Media Portal) doing is the ability to indicate a subtitle being available even if it's an external one (.srt, .ass, whatever). Would this be possible?
Errr I hadn't thought about it actually. Probably not by me. You people and your subtitles and multiple languages... English, A-#1 Duke of all Tracks.
CapnBry Wrote:This is accurate. The codec doesn't know the sub-type so it can not differentiate between the various flavors.

That's a shame but totally understandable, I have to be in an extremely small minority by even having tracks like that, can I help by providing some samples for testing to maybe implement this someday or is it something that's not going to be possible.

also, what about 6ch FLAC, is that detected?
Freddo Wrote:That's a shame but totally understandable, I have to be in an extremely small minority by even having tracks like that, can I help by providing some samples for testing to maybe implement this someday or is it something that's not going to be possible.

also, what about 6ch FLAC, is that detected?
It is possible (differentiating say DTS vs DTS eXtreme), but ffmpeg is where we're pulling the info from, so it would have to be exported from there. If you look in the xbmc.log you'll see what I'm pulling:
Code:
INFO: ffmpeg: Input #0, matroska, from 'C:\Documents and Settings\bmayland\My Documents\DVDs\Competed\Semi-Pro.mkv':
INFO: ffmpeg:   Duration: 01:31:24.65, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
INFO: ffmpeg:     Stream #0.0(eng): Video: h264, yuv420p, 720x480, 23.98 tb(r)
INFO: ffmpeg:     Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16
I assume it says 6 channel FLAC in the log right?
Quote:20:47:30 T:6276 M:722358272 INFO: ffmpeg: Input #0, matroska, from 'F:\Movies\Cloverfield (2008)\Cloverfield (2008).mkv':
20:47:30 T:6276 M:722358272 INFO: ffmpeg: Duration: 01:24:40.54, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
20:47:30 T:6276 M:722341888 INFO: ffmpeg: Stream #0.0: Video: vc1, yuv420p, 1920x1080 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 23.98 tb®
20:47:30 T:6276 M:722276352 INFO: ffmpeg: Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: flac, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16
20:47:30 T:6276 M:722272256 INFO: ffmpeg: Stream #0.2(eng): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16

Looks like it yeah, I was thinking further to the DTS-MA/Dolby TrueHD detection, can you readback the bitrates for tracks? cos then anything bigger than 1.5mbit DTS must be DTS-MA and for dolby anything higher than 640 must be EAC3 and anything higher than 1.5mbit must be TrueHD, just a thought. Like I said before I understand it's pretty low priority but it would be extremely cool Laugh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43