Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
This will be great - I'm planning to add this to the new skin I'm working on, Minimeedia, and then add it to MediaStream once that's all done.

Can't wait until it hits trunk Big Grin
Regarding multiple audio tracks/languages, i have no strong opinion either way since I only ever have english, but wouldn't it make sense to just display all the different tracks on the same screenspace using something like a fadelabel?
Freddo Wrote:wouldn't it make sense to just display all the different tracks on the same screenspace using something like a fadelabel?
See? I don't even know what a fadelabel is. Image

I think what I've come up with should be able to provide the most flexibility. Beyond that, I'm not sure what controls should be used. Getting it all to look pretty and not overwhelming is the tough part so if there's anything I can do in code to make it easier for you guys let me know.
what if there would be option in the settings that would allow people to choose? display one audio track info (for people that only speak one language)

and option for "fading" info for multiple languages.
it would show something like "3 audio tracks" then fade and show the info about first track, and then fade to second track etc....

this way both methods would take up the same ammount of space on screen.
I've done a little skinning but I won't claim to be an expert, however as far as I know if you provide the information to skinners in the form of infolabels then it is already possible for them to use it in a fadelabel.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Fade_Label_Control

Quote:The fade label control is used for displaying multiple pieces of text in the same space in XBMC. You can choose the font, size, colour, location and contents of the text to be displayed. The first piece of information to display fades in over 50 frames, then scrolls off to the left. Once it is finished scrolling off screen, the second piece of information fades in and the process repeats.

Code:
<control type="fadelabel" id="1">
        <description>My First fadelabel</description>
        <posx>80</posx>
        <posy>60</posy>
        <width>250</width>
        <visible>true</visible>
        <scroll>false</scroll>
        <scrollout>true</scrollout>
        <pauseatend>200</pauseatend>
        <label>6</label>
        <info>NumberOfAudioLanguages</info>
        <info>AudioTrack.1</info>
        <info>AudioTrack.2</info>
        <info>AudioTrack.3</info>
        <font>font14</font>
        <textcolor>FFB2D4F5</textcolor>
        <textoffsetx>20</textoffsetx>
  </control>

I just made up the infolabels I'm not sure how you reference them but i'm sure you get the idea.
For the record, I will do everything in my power to make sure this gets in next release (9.04?)
Is it possible to add a filter so you can filter out all movies with x language sub ?

Great job on this btw CapnBry and all others that have been involved.
Will we be able to add custom resolutions? I have lots of 576p movies (1024x576) and I'd love to have them flagged differently.
yowzaa! That is a lot of requests guys. Lets just see what happens "out of the box" and go from there. I would imagine that after this is officially part of the SVN, IF it turns out that there is some missing feature that would be really useful, it will be implemented then. For now, let the man work and don't over complicate the process. Obviously, this is just my personal opinion, but some of these requests seem like they would be catering to a very small demographic and thus would be more work than they are worth.
Seems to me that this sort of brainstorming is exactly what is needed during development of a new feature. CapnBry is perfectly capable of ignoring (or integrating) suggestions as he sees fit, so there's no harm in throwing in one's two cents.
Looks like it's been added to the SVN. Is there a skin we can use that supports this now?
v0lrath Wrote:Looks like it's been added to the SVN. Is there a skin we can use that supports this now?

actually i think what you saw was just spiff adding it to the hdflagging branch of svn. still not in the main branch.
timdog82001 Wrote:actually i think what you saw was just spiff adding it to the hdflagging branch of svn. still not in the main branch.

You're right, I should have read that more carefully. In any case, if I want to build it myself is there a skin I can use?
Quote:digitalhigh, here's some preliminary documentation as to what will be available.
ListItem.VideoResolution - the quantized resolution video stream. Options are 480, 720, or 1080. Can also be used in an image's info tag, will return videoresolutionX.png.
ListItem.VideoCodec - video codec of the stream. e.g. mpeg4, h264. Image info tag: videocodecX.png.
ListItem.AudioCodec - audio codec of the stream. e.g. mp3, aac, ac3, dts. Image info tag: audiocodecX.png
ListItem.AudioChannels - number of channels in the stream. Can be 0 if there is no audio at all. Image info tag: audiochannelsX.png
ListItem.AudioLanguage - language of the audio stream if available. Uses ISO 639-2 three character codes, e.g. eng, epo, deu. Image info tag: languageX.png
ListItem.SubtitleLanguage - language of the subtitle stream. ISO 639-2. Blank if no subtitles. Image info tag: languageX.png

So basically, all I need to do is create the representative icons I want to use for the various infofields, then call them by telling an image control to use Listitem.VideoResolution? That's effing brilliant. Here I was planning on using <visible>substring(Listitem.VideoResolution,1080)</visible>etc...

This saves me a lot of work. Thank you. Can't wait till this gets added to main. Big Grin
digitalhigh Wrote:So basically, all I need to do is create the representative icons I want to use for the various infofields, then call them by telling an image control to use Listitem.VideoResolution? That's effing brilliant. Here I was planning on using <visible>substring(Listitem.VideoResolution,1080)</visible>etc...
Hehehe that's how I first was doing it too but man did it get out of control when you have to do one for every resolution, every video code, every audio codec, every language, every audiochannels, etc. It was a huge pain.

After a conversation with Jonathan, it actually is going to be slightly different than I posted above. I'll update the post but the new plan removes those videocodec%.png's in favor of a more customizable, but slightly more verbose method that cuts down on the bloat in XBMC. If you want to make an image that represents for example audiochannels, instead of <info>ListItem.AudioChannels</info> you'd use <texture>$INFO[ListItem.AudioChannels,audiochannels,.png]</texture>

The advantage to this being you're not stuck with using one asset everywhere, so if you want to have like a big 1080p logo on a fullscreen info dialog and a different 1080p logo in the list view, you're not limited by having just one videoresolution1080.png asset.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43