Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
SlaveUnit Wrote:Just from seeing the little taste of this type of feature in Aeon Stark, I cant wait til this is implemented.

Agreed.
CapnBry...you ok hopefully. I know you were going through some health issues a short while back. Hope things are still cool because we haven't heard from you in a while.
SlaveUnit Wrote:CapnBry...you ok hopefully. I know you were going through some health issues a short while back. Hope things are still cool because we haven't heard from you in a while.

I second that, how ya doing CapnBry.. let me know if there's anything I can do to help ya with this, it's going to be awesome!
Well, you can count my vote in for this feature. A big vote. I was a fan of this feature on Meedio, but since it compares in no way to XBMC...

To add to the discussions, here's the flags I think would be the most interesting:
- resolution approx. (SD, 720p, 1080i, 1080p...)
- audio tracks infos, maybe presented as a serie of flags, overlayed with the audio stream quality / features (DTS 5.1, AC3, etc...)
- subtitles tracks infos (this one would really matter to me, and I think to most non native-english users), as a series of flags too.

Regarding the flags (audio & subs), it would be awesome if you could specify as an option (skin or XBMC level) what languages you want to see (for instance i don't really care about german or dutch subtitles).

About where to get the info from... I'll take whatever is released, but please please don't force it as part of the filename... either the threaded metadata reading from the file itself, or info you have to put in the NFO will be more than perfect for me !).

In the meanwhile, I think I'm gonna parse the files with a small script, and maybe patch MediaStream so that it shows these. Or use the script that can be found earlier in the thread. Adding the icons to the fanart could be great too, actually Wink
+1 vote for me two.

been following this discussion for a while now!
This looks really promising. I hope CapnBry is alright!

Would be really great to see this in XBMC after the new 9.04 release is finished. This would be so much better than the studio tag hacks. With Aeon becoming more and more popular and demand for such tags greater I hope that CapnBry can finish the work or someone might be able to take over.

Can anybody familiar with this branch tell me/us the current status? What works/doesn't at the moment - anything users can help with?
Seems my thread was closed...

I guess I should be more clear...would it be difficult to create a MANUAL high def tag system, similar to the way we can manually tag watched/unwatched?

Original post:
How difficult would this be? Add an option to tag a movie/tv show as "HD" in the same fashion we do as watched or unwatched. Then, a small tag (I see it in the top right of poster/thumb) would appear. Wouldn't be too hard to manually assign a movie as HD, without having to rename files, create folders, rescan, etc.

I for one would love this.
What skin are you using. Aeon people are already able to do this from within an nfo file or have labels in the filename...I think.

I still like Mediastream the best so I am waiting on this one before I can tag anything.
Yes this can be accomplished with Aeon and nfo's generated from MIP.
So first sorry for my bad english.

my question is why must it be so complicatet to get all the mediaflags to work.
my idea is that xbmc can take a look in to the mediafile and sets the mediaflags by itself.
so than i have alle good looking mediaflags without messing up my filesystem. i have xbmc on my mac and look the movies also on my ps3. and it shows all the .tbn and .nfo files and zhis is ugly.

so please make it easier and xbmc will be king!
patch welcome! it is obviously so simple to do that you can do it in a whim
I may be wrong but as far as i am aware xbmc does not support this it's only a handfull of skins that do Aeon / Serenity
but i wish you would implement it
Wow Capn hasnt posted since March 11, 2009. Im just wondering if he leaves this thread/project permanently, is there anyone that can pick up where he left off to progress on this?
SlaveUnit Wrote:Wow Capn hasnt posted since March 11, 2009.
He has posted on trac in the ticket for this (but please do not post that unless you are a developer):
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5154
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43