Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Ahh thanks Gamester..never even thought to look at the ticket itself.
A plugin/scraper that uses this http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en and enters the info into the movie library. Then just show the flags according to the library item.
Nothing fancy - just like a little green circle with "HD" inside it to show quickly which movies are in 720p+. Could also do "720p" and "1080p" in circles if you wanted.
search for 'flagging'
spiff Wrote:search for 'flagging'

crap... sorry about that, noob here.

thanks
I've posted this before but it seems to me it hasn't been understood, or has been overlooked. I'm not talking about an auto type flag system, where XBMC reads your res and adds a flag, but a manual type flagging system. We can manually flag a watched/unwatched item, so why not an HD one? Sorry if I shouldn't be posting in this forum...
mfwilli Wrote:I've posted this before but it seems to me it hasn't been understood, or has been overlooked. I'm not talking about an auto type flag system, where XBMC reads your res and adds a flag, but a manual type flagging system. We can manually flag a watched/unwatched item, so why not an HD one? Sorry if I shouldn't be posting in this forum...

This would be up to the skinner for now. As you probably can see djh has done this for Aeon.
mfwiil because we are still waiting for your patch that implements the functionality.
Any news from CapnBry? I hope everything is fine with him.
If there was just a way (like zag2me said) of getting the mediainfo.dll to just append to the c18 column of the idMovie in the db. The flags will already show after that as long as the skin is coded for it (ie Aeon and a part of mediastream). Maybe that is what Capn was working on.

Im not complaining at all...trust me. Just tossing out ideas. Ones that everyone probably already know.
SlaveUnit Wrote:This would be up to the skinner for now. As you probably can see djh has done this for Aeon.

Yes, you can manually tag every HD movie's filename to denote whether it's Bluray or not...

You can also use MIP, which will auto-scan every file in your collection, look at the audio and resolution, and then drop a skin tag in the .nfo file for XBMC to read from the database.

It is a hack and uses an existing DB field to accomplish the passing of this info, but it's a helluva lot easier than manually tagging all of your media.

This is supported by Serenity, and I think there's an Aeon mod out there too...
The reason I dont use MIP is that from what I have seen it changes your nfo to store all the thumbs and fanart local to the movie, which is what I dont want. I have all my movies on a nas and dont want any slowdown of pictures loading while browsing. I might be wrong on this since I havent used MIP that much.
I realize you can put all he urls in the nfo once itscreated from MIP but that almost more work than just adding the flagging into the studio section.
SlaveUnit Wrote:The reason I dont use MIP is that from what I have seen it changes your nfo to store all the thumbs and fanart local to the movie, which is what I dont want. I have all my movies on a nas and dont want any slowdown of pictures loading while browsing. I might be wrong on this since I havent used MIP that much.
I realize you can put all he urls in the nfo once itscreated from MIP but that almost more work than just adding the flagging into the studio section.

The thumbs and fanart are cached no matter what is in the NFO so I can't see how it'd make a difference?
I see. I didnt know that at all. So even though the thumbs and fanart are located in the each movies' folder on a nas it wont use them to display as your browse the library? As in, it will see them once then copy them to C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video (assuming you are using the -p) and then never use them again unless the info is refreshed?
SlaveUnit Wrote:I see. I didnt know that at all. So even though the thumbs and fanart are located in the each movies' folder on a nas it wont use them to display as your browse the library? As in, it will see them once then copy them to C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video (assuming you are using the -p) and then never use them again unless the info is refreshed?

Correct, if you have already scraped a movie / tv show and place the fanart or covers in the folder it will not use them until you refresh them in the DB. Once they are refreshed it will place them in the cache and they will not be refreshed again until you request it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43