Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Ok thanks to the both of you...very good info to know.
spiff Wrote:mfwiil because we are still waiting for your patch that implements the functionality.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful and would never demand something impatiently. I just had a post locked twice and it seemed to me the mod didn't understand my question and just locked at the first sign of asking about HD tags. I'm aware Aeon can do it...it also involves renaming movies, creating nfo files, etc. All I would want is an HD tag, I could care less what studio made the movie, etc. I was just curious if anyone had thought of manual tagging inside XBMC in the same fashion as watched/unwatched, without renaming files, creating different structures and the whole lot.

Didn't mean to step on any toes.
Hello! As many of you have noticed, I haven't been around recently. After I came back from GDC, my work's flagship product moved to beta and apparently there were "some" issues which needed to be resolved which translates to 10-12 hours workdays. Good news is that release candidate is now out the door and I'm not anticipating any significant volume of problem reports (then again who expects lots of bug reports). This means I'm back to normal 9 hour workdays and have free time and focus to be able to do fun projects again.

So the question on everyone's mind I'm sure is where this feature stands.

What's working
  • "Infrastructure", loading and saving from the DB, exporting to skin
  • Background scanning and hooking of the thumbloader for a free scan

What's not working
  • Pulling the info from the player. I know this was working previously but I've changed to an observer pattern and I just need to retrofit the new design into the existing code
  • Exporting multiple streams of a type (Audio/Video/Sub) to the skin in the manner I described earlier. This can be worked around but really the skinning engine should be improved to support parameterized function calls for all keywords.
  • DVDs. DVDs are problematic in that they contain many files with many streams of many bitrates, formats, languages, and resolutions. The scan doesn't handle these properly. I don't have any Bluray media or filesystem dumps but I'm sure they're similarly borked.
(Oh look in the time since I started typing this, I've gotten a new ticket assigned to me... sigh)

Other things that need to be done
  • Merge from trunk to my branch. Because I've been branched for so long I shudder at the prospect of this. My experience with large scale merges is limited, so any any tips would probably be useful.
  • Merge branch to trunk when completed. This should be relatively minor after the previous.

Thanks to everyone for being patient. Now, let's get this friggin year long feature completed!
I think the DVD and multistream skin issues should be addressed later. I've finished the rest of the stuff on the list so it's all over except for

Merge trunk to branch
Testing
Fantastic, looking forward to this hitting trunk. Big Grin
Fantastic news CapnBry! Great to have you back Wink
Good to hear from you, hope you are well...

Looking forward to seeing this in progress again Smile
Many thanks for your time on this great feature, will look superb if utilised correctly in a skin Smile look forward to seeing it in all its glory
Talked with spiff on IRC about it and I'm going to build a patch against trunk, drop the hdflagging branch and rebranch. Should have time to do it tonight. It took 4 hours to switch my tree to linuxport, or else it would have probably been done already!
Brilliant. Looking forward to it too!
Son of a motherless whore. Here's a tip for subversion-using developers:
When you tell svn to remove unversioned files when you switch branches, "unversioned files" are the 23,000 .obj files that exists as part of the build process...

..and any new source files you've created. Image

Luckily I had a backup of all but 2 of them. Code is better the second time you write it right? Either that or it has more typos.
CapnBry Wrote:Son of a motherless whore. Here's a tip for subversion-using developers:
When you tell svn to remove unversioned files when you switch branches, "unversioned files" are the 23,000 .obj files that exists as part of the build process...

..and any new source files you've created.

Yep, they're new until you add them... that's a nasty trap you fell into Sad

CapnBry Wrote:Son of a motherless whore. Here's a tip for Luckily I had a backup of all but 2 of them. Code is better the second time you write it right? Either that or it has more typos.
Always, yes, good to see you take it as an opportunity for more awesomeness Smile

I can't wait to see what you've cooked, it smells delicious !
svn has just been out-n00bed by a better n00b! ;D
Well this patch against linuxbranch current builds under Win32 but I'm having fuckall of a time getting to build on linux. If I do make -j2 it craps out on including DVDDemux.h but keeps going for some reason, make with no j2 gives me a python error. I haven't got time to look at it tonight but if someone wants to play with it, there's the patch.
try to 'make clean' before './configure' then 'make -j2' thats fixes 95% of all my compile glitches
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43