Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
C-Quel Wrote:try to 'make clean' before './configure' then 'make -j2' thats fixes 95% of all my compile glitches
Yeah I had already tried that. It's an issue with include paths I believe but I was really busy at the end of work today so didn't have time to mess with it.
I believe you forgot to update the makefile in \xbmc\utils for StreamDetails.cpp ..
CrashX Wrote:I believe you forgot to update the makefile in \xbmc\utils for StreamDetails.cpp ..
That I did. Here I thought that was autogenerated and all.

Fixed that and fixed my include problem (v2 patch here). It didn't help that I hadn't build a new XBMC Linux in 3 months and there's this whole cool new enable-external thing which I was experimenting with at the same time. Code patched with above now builds, but can't test it on linux until I get home tonight. Fingers crossed!
How do we test this since no skins support it yet ?
After the initial testing of putting images up for all the different flags, I just edited the skin to replace one of the lines when selected to be all the info:
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution,Stream Info : ]$INFO[ListItem.VideoCodec, ]$INFO[ListItem.AudioCodec, ]$INFO[ListItem.AudioChannels, , channels]$INFO[ListItem.AudioLanguage, (,)]</label>
The position of which varies greatly depending on which skin and which view you're using, but is a simple dump like this to tell you it is working.

EDIT: Seems to work in Aeon too in a lot less code than the substring method, but I can't figure out how "visibility" works in a skin to make the default show up when there isn't streamdetails.
Code:
                <control type="image" id="83">
                    <include>Furniture_ShowcaseMediaFlagsVars</include>
                    <texture>$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution,flags/,.png]</texture>
                </control>
and
                <control type="image" id="84">
                    <include>Furniture_ShowcaseMediaFlagsVars</include>
                    <texture>$INFO[ListItem.AudioCodec,flags/,.png]</texture>
                </control>
Cap, good to have you back!
Thanks! It's so great to have time to work on this stuff again. I had 2 cosmetic fix tickets today at work too; much more relaxing than "try to figure out why this COM object that is referenced a couple hundred times a second is occasionally releasing early".

Here's a v3 patch. Removes up a few non-modified lines, fixes a unnoticeable bug in the file I had to retype completely from scratch, and a merge error that would break users creating new libraries.

Note: these are preliminary patches, remove the previous patch before applying the new one. Once I've done a lot of testing on my live system I'll post it to trac.
So, if I got this right... You're saying that this feature is practically almost completed?
It sounds just like that.
And between this and the new library I think there will be a complete new generation of xbmc gui
Nazgulled Wrote:So, if I got this right... You're saying that this feature is practically almost completed?
No I'm saying as far as I know it is is done. I've tested it 500 different ways on my win32 development system but haven't tried it on my linux live htpc. If it works as well as it does on win32, it's ready for submission.
CapnBry Wrote:No I'm saying as far as I know it is is done. I've tested it 500 different ways on my win32 development system but haven't tried it on my linux live htpc. If it works as well as it does on win32, it's ready for submission.

So, let's get this puppy added to main so I can code it into serenity. Wink
Why don't we wait until it doesn't break linux compile before getting too excited Wink

TheUni
Real world testing on 221 movies and 337 tv shows, 3 were not automatically scanned properly. 1 didn't even exist because I had deleted it, and the other 2 worked only after I had played them once. The 2 in question had exclamation points in their title, which may be a coincidence but for the most part I'm thinkin' it works!

EDIT: and this test was done under Linux, so compile works in both places.
CapnBry Wrote:Real world testing on 221 movies and 337 tv shows, 3 were not automatically scanned properly. 1 didn't even exist because I had deleted it, and the other 2 worked only after I had played them once. The 2 in question had exclamation points in their title, which may be a coincidence but for the most part I'm thinkin' it works!

EDIT: and this test was done under Linux, so compile works in both places.

This is all kinds of awesome. Thanks for all the hard work Cap'n! Curious about OSX though. Is it working under OS X?
Capnbry-

Apologies, you are correct. Seems that somewhere along the dos2unix, patch, compile process, I mangled some code.

Compiles ok, playing with it now.

TheUni
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43