Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
I think a problem is available with the automatic background scan on Windows Systems.

I can reproduce crashes of xbmc if the background scan is running. If I switch off the "Extract media metadata information" the crashes canĀ“t reproduce.

Also XBMC used to 4 GByte of RAM after some minutes of scan.

I open a forum thread with debug log
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=3...post353855

If additional information or a trac ticket necessary please give me a short information.
CapnBry Wrote:Argh. I forgot to fix the importer to pull the codec tag rather than codec, but that codec field is wrong too. It should say mpeg4. codecid probably should probably be named codectag too, gah I don't know. I need a beer.

AspectRatio is supposed to be in aspectratio too, not aspectdisplayratio. This one is probably acceptable to be fixed in xbmc though.

EDIT: But scan type I don't pull because StreamDetails doesn't have a field for that. Why? I only store information the probe can probe currently.

Ah well, maybe when fekker returns the two of you can grab a beer together and standardize / synchronize things.
ronie Wrote:Since you're stepping in for fekker lately, do you perhaps have any idea how MIP is detecting progressive or interlaced ?

You know, I remember "watching" fekker talk to himself as to how he was figuring out whether it was interlaced or progressive, but I cannot for the life of me remember what was said. It's possible that this discussion is in one of the two MIP/MMP threads...

Gamester17 Wrote:Progressive or interlaced should still be possible to set and import via NFO files right?

You should be able to enter 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720i, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p in an NFO file, (either manually or via a standalone media manager that handles), and XBMC should pick it up when scraping, right?

Huh

Or...until the long-awaited return of Fekker, maybe check out the code behind MIP and see how he's writing the info to the Studio tag? Again, I remember seeing him explain how he was calculating what dimensions should be considered as what resolution, but the exact specifics are beyond me.

CapnBry Wrote:Argh. I forgot to fix the importer to pull the codec tag rather than codec, but that codec field is wrong too. It should say mpeg4. codecid probably should probably be named codectag too, gah I don't know. I need a beer.

AspectRatio is supposed to be in aspectratio too, not aspectdisplayratio. This one is probably acceptable to be fixed in xbmc though.

EDIT: But scan type I don't pull because StreamDetails doesn't have a field for that. Why? I only store information the probe can probe currently.

Here brother...have a drink on me.

I would think that aspectdisplayratio would be allright to use on the XBMC side of things.

And scantype...I understand what you're saying about not storing the stuff the probe can't do, but would it hurt to assume that the video is one or the other unless specified by the user or a .nfo file?
Just posted a patch to #5154 that adds smart playlist support for these tags
Video Codec (in,!in)
Audio Codec (in,!in)
Subtitle Language (in,!in)
Audio Language (in,!in)
Video aspect (greaterthan,lessthan)
Video Width (greaterthan,lessthan)
Audio Channels (greaterthan,lessthan)

For the "in" types, I've added a new field type to smartplaylistrule
TEXTIN_FIELD, where it takes a comma separated list of values. This is
for doing things like "Audio codec in ac3,dca". You may noticed there's
no corresponding VideoResolution query, just VideoWidth. That's because I
don't store the quantized resolution (480/540/720/1080), just the frame
resolution. It should be easy enough to figure out that if you want 1080
content you want videowidth > 1900 though. The cutoff points used by the
skin engine are:
Width < 721 = 480
Width < 961 = 540
Width < 1281 = 720
else 1080

Edit: For anyone who wants the prober to run on all their TV Show epsisodes at once, just make a smart playlist where video codec IS NOT xxx and you'll all episodes, assuming there's nothing you have with codec XXX
Thank you very much. Really nice addition. Makes it very easy to separate HD from SD content. The method for scanning all TV show episodes at once is also very useful if I ever have to rescan those 100 series Wink

Is there any way the community can help you with the DVD scanning stuff? I got the request in the Aeon native flagging mod and pointed the person here to assist.

I recently added a trac ticket for extracting the running time/duration of a movie directly from the file. Maybe you know where to change the code to easily implement this?
The DVD scanning stuff just is going to take some time. I haven't started on it at all other than reading the Handbrake source code enough to see it isn't a small thing.

Regarding running time, spiff actually mentioned that to me ... yesterday(?) and it will probably be somehow incorporated into the probulator. Again, it's just an issue of time because I'm picking up a lot of things and I don't want to overcommit myself.
CapnBry:-

As always excellent work. The thing is that regualr home user would properly not understand how VideoWidth corresponds to Video Resolution so if possible can you leave it as Video Resolution ...

Finally I can sort by hd content .... SmileSmile
CrashX Wrote:The thing is that regualr home user would properly not understand how VideoWidth corresponds to Video Resolution so if possible can you leave it as Video Resolution ...
Well obviously yes. Problem is that info isn't stored, and I uglied up the code enough by adding support for "IN (...)". You can enter anything you want in that field so I'd have to convert it to an integer, and do the same process I use to reduce width to resolution in reverse. I thought it would look hacky so I figured this would work. Maybe I was wrong, let's see how it is received.
Ah I just took a crack at it and I'm not sure how to do it without too much restriction or a ton of code. If you say res = 720 that's width between 961 and 1280, but if you say > 720 thats > width 1280, and < 720 is less than less than < 961, and not 720 is < width 961 and > width 1280. So each resolution becomes 4 statements. I guess that's not terrible, but if someone has a better idea I'll listen.

Aspect Ratios are the same way, because 2.35 displayed is like 2.31 to 2.40 now that I think about it.
Posted a different patch to the ticket that does videores instread of videowidth if anyone wants to try it.
I've been trying the new VideoPlayer.VideoCodec and VideoPlayer.AudioCodec labels and noticed they also work with DVD's (didn't expect this, but it makes sense).

One thing i noticed was during the DVD Intro / Menu, VideoPlayer.AudioCodec returns strange values like 'dvdsub' or '-1' ??

Another is that VideoPlayer.VideoResolution returns incorrect values for all movies.
1080 movies are reported as '540' and everything else as '480'.

It's not bothering me that much, but i thought i'd mention it anyway. :-)
ronie Wrote:Another is that VideoPlayer.VideoResolution returns incorrect values for all movies.
1080 movies are reported as '540' and everything else as '480'.
Ah thanks for finding this, definitely a stupid bug on my part. I'll include the fix in the next patch I generate.

That's strange about the AudioCodec getting crazy values on some sections, but I've never even tried it so I have no idea what's going on there.
Hello!
Great work with the media tag functionality, chaps.
I downloaded a build earlier this week and modified MediaStream to show the info in Episodes (for TV) and Info List (for movies) views. I didn't do any others as these are the only two I use. Check out the screenshots...

That dead space to the right of the movie title had been bugging me for ages so I thought I might as well put it to good use!

I decided against using images (excpet for the sound format) beacuse there just wasn't enough consistancy in dimensions and I wanted everything to upscale nicely. I also used full numbers for the aspect ratios because the decimals just felt odd... You can change it if you like. Download the files here...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yimnmdvwrmy

...and unzip them to your XBMC directory.

N.B: I tested it on as many different files as I could so it should work OK. I only tested it at 720p & 1080p, so any other resolutions might look a bit sketchy.

Thanks,
Dan
I am currently reworking media flagging support in Ember Media Manager to be more compatible with CapnBry's code, and wanted to make sure I have everything right. Is this still all that's needed for nfo support:

CapnBry Wrote:
Code:
<movie>
    <fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
        <video>
            <codec>h264</codec>
            <aspect>2.399999</aspect>
            <width>1920</width>
            <height>816</height>
        </video>
        <audio>
            <codec>ac3</codec>
            <language>eng</language>
            <channels>2</channels>
        </audio>
        <audio>
            <codec>dca</codec>
            <language>eng</language>
            <channels>6</channels>
        </audio>
        <subtitle>
            <language>eng</language>
        </subtitle>
        <subtitle>
            <language>deu</language>
        </subtitle>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>
</movie>

? Or are there more fields now?
nul7 Wrote:I am currently reworking media flagging support in Ember Media Manager to be more compatible with CapnBry's code, and wanted to make sure I have everything right. Is this still all that's needed for nfo support:

? Or are there more fields now?

Looks good, here is a export from my db:
Code:
<fileinfo>
            <streamdetails>
                <video>
                    <codec>h264</codec>
                    <aspect>2.352941</aspect>
                    <width>1920</width>
                    <height>816</height>
                </video>
                <audio>
                    <codec>dca</codec>
                    <language>eng</language>
                    <channels>6</channels>
                </audio>
                <audio>
                    <codec>ac3</codec>
                    <language>ger</language>
                    <channels>6</channels>
                </audio>
                <subtitle>
                    <language>eng</language>
                </subtitle>
                <subtitle>
                    <language>dut</language>
                </subtitle>
                <subtitle>
                    <language>ger</language>
                </subtitle>
            </streamdetails>
        </fileinfo>
I've posted a list of codecs I found in my database on the Aeon native flagging mod thread:

Video:
Code:
3iv2 avc1 div2 div3 divx dx50 flv h264 mp42 mp43 mp4v mpeg1video mpg4 xvid
Audio:
Code:
aac ac3 dca mp1 mp2 mp3 pcm_s16le pcm_u8 vorbis wmav2

You can use it to convert the codecs returned by your method to the same ones returned by XBMC internally. It's probably not complete but should include many common codecs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43