Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Time to call in the Big Guns of nVIDIA Shield knowledge, to solve the strangest Kodi problem I seen ever in recent memory for the platform....

I'm Nicknaming this help request the Capaldi Conundrum...

jango8 Wrote:Can someone please help me out and explain why Peter Capaldi from Dr Who appears on my screen when I turn on Kodi on my shield. How do I get rid of this?

http://whrl.pl/ReOhGT
(2017-01-31, 18:45)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Time to call in the Big Guns of nVIDIA Shield knowledge, to solve the strangest Kodi problem I seen ever in recent memory for the platform....

I'm Nicknaming this help request the Capaldi Conundrum...

jango8 Wrote:Can someone please help me out and explain why Peter Capaldi from Dr Who appears on my screen when I turn on Kodi on my shield. How do I get rid of this?

http://whrl.pl/ReOhGT

Is this for real?
Maybe the BBC in the UK have purchased that Android Adware File Manager - ES File explorer and put their own Dr Who flavour into it ! Wink

Where is Noggin when you need him with his book of "Noggin Knowledge" containing all things relating to UK Broadcast TV ?
(2017-01-29, 00:38)PantsOnFire Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone willing to demo the new VIMEO app? --i presume it's available now,?

It baffles me just how few ppl care about Vimeo.
Android app was non existent for years, and when it arrived it was lackluster.

It has some of the most amazing content out the, and for free

*Edited
I'm pretty sure it's because the Shield is really a Dalek. I swear I walked in the other day and saw a toilet plunger stickicking out of it. And when I asked it a question is responed with "Exterminate!".
Now that we are way off topic...

I think the Apple Mac Pro really is a new age, well groomed - Dalek in disguise....

(2017-01-27, 22:59)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]It shouldn't require you to "Browse". Your external drive should show up under Videos > Files > Your_Drive.
The either pull up the context menu (long press select) and "Set content" or navigate to the folder you want to add and do the same.
You should also read the first and second post on the first page regarding External storage since things have changed and there are limitations to using it for your media, specifically being able to write to the drive.
Thank you very much I try this
I added the my sources Media But I wrote source path manual ,
-----
About changes writing in External storage
I not understand much

That's right !
can't download & Creates any file in External storage

Like any addons in kodi can't creates Files or download Files Directly in External storage ?
Slow couple of days eh!
Slow, going backwards methinks!
how to format external HDD I can get the NVIDIA shield threw back the data
(2017-02-01, 13:16)KaBoS Wrote: [ -> ]About changes writing in External storage
I not understand much

That's right !
can't download & Creates any file in External storage

Like any addons in kodi can't creates Files or download Files Directly in External storage ?

You have to set the path to the NVIDIA_SHIELD folder on your drive for write access.

(2017-02-01, 22:30)desireix Wrote: [ -> ]how to format external HDD I can get the NVIDIA shield threw back the data

I have no idea what question it is that your asking.
(2017-02-02, 00:24)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]You have to set the path to the NVIDIA_SHIELD folder on your drive for write access.
You mean Move folder My Source to This folder NVIDIA_SHIELD

That's right ?
(2017-02-02, 16:29)KaBoS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-02, 00:24)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]You have to set the path to the NVIDIA_SHIELD folder on your drive for write access.
You mean Move folder My Source to This folder NVIDIA_SHIELD

That's right ?

It means that if you need write access to the drive for Kodi, that is the folder you need to use.

Kodi (including any add-ons) can only write to that folder or it's app folder in /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/ on the drive.
@Tinwarble

Thank you so much Smile
YAY looks like Kodi 17 has been released. I just turned on Kodi on my shield and it updated. So far things look good.