Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
deleted
(2017-02-08, 13:56)hansolo Wrote: [ -> ]I think advancedsettings.xml is mandatory, I had buffering issues (again, ethernet 1gb), after that no more buffering.
And one funny thing: opening a 24GB ISO (Spears and Munsil 2) from network or USB3 takes about 30-40 seconds in SPCM, 20 seconds in Kodi and 5 seconds on my old Egreat R6A2 (Realtek 1185).
Thanks.

What do you have in your advancedsettings.xml? I'm always looking to improve the Shield's performance. Smile
@cscoppa, from another Shield owner:
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>269715200</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>15</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

Relating ISO speed opening, that Spears and Munsil 2 is the most difficult, a simple 21GB ISO opens in 3 seconds.
Also I had some random restarts, from what I saw I wasn't the only one. Not very annoying, awaiting next f...Android update.
(2017-02-11, 19:50)hansolo Wrote: [ -> ]@cscoppa, from another Shield owner:
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>269715200</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>15</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

Relating ISO speed opening, that Spears and Munsil 2 is the most difficult, a simple 21GB ISO opens in 3 seconds.
Also I had some random restarts, from what I saw I wasn't the only one. Not very annoying, awaiting next f...Android update.

Thanks! Smile
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with my ongoing HDD issue. A few weeks ago, I asked how I could copy files onto the External HDD and the answer was to copy the files into the Nvidia Shield folder. This worked for some files, but most of them were corrupted and not playable.

Therefore, to make thing easier, I formatted a new HDD to Internal storage, which was no issue at all and shows under the storage settings. However, when I wish to access the HDD on my network, it says that its offline and that I don't have access and that the file is not available. I have installed and updated Plex and Plex Media Server, but somehow I am missing something. As much as I love the Shield, this honestly getting a little frustrating. All I wish to do is copy files from a one HDD to another via my network. Even though it was full of bugs, I kind of miss the setup simplicity of the WDTV Live.

Apologies for the brief venting at the end. I would really appreciate any sort of help!

Thanks,

VIC
(2017-02-12, 01:38)Victor Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with my ongoing HDD issue. A few weeks ago, I asked how I could copy files onto the External HDD and the answer was to copy the files into the Nvidia Shield folder. This worked for some files, but most of them were corrupted and not playable.

Therefore, to make thing easier, I formatted a new HDD to Internal storage, which was no issue at all and shows under the storage settings. However, when I wish to access the HDD on my network, it says that its offline and that I don't have access and that the file is not available. I have installed and updated Plex and Plex Media Server, but somehow I am missing something. As much as I love the Shield, this honestly getting a little frustrating. All I wish to do is copy files from a one HDD to another via my network. Even though it was full of bugs, I kind of miss the setup simplicity of the WDTV Live.

Apologies for the brief venting at the end. I would really appreciate any sort of help!

Thanks,

VIC
Hello, are you using nvidia network share option a.k.a over local network? That is visible when PMS is enabled within storage settings.
Right now i dont have adopted storage i removed it but overall i havent had issues copy pasting files back and forth with Win10 pc and Android phone (es file explorer v3.2.5.5 from apkmirror.com installed on phone & shield tv). I've also used es file explorer Android tv implementation to send files via ADB from phone to shield tv without issues. (you must previously enable Developer options > USB Debugging and Network debugging).
Tip: you may also want to enable the last 2 options at the very bottom of Developer Mode settings.

Note: its also true that i don't use Android tv OS anymore but should work same way.

Enviado desde mi Moto X via Tapatalk!
Hello guys Big Grin

Question
Is there a shortcut (Shield Remote) in Spmc

to Quickly (Pause) Video

Like (Space) button on the keyboard ?

Thanks Blush
Long-press the OK button.
(2017-02-12, 02:37)KaBoS Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys Big Grin

Question
Is there a shortcut (Shield Remote) in Spmc

to Quickly (Pause) Video

Like (Space) button on the keyboard ?

Thanks Blush

What about the double tap on the volume control bar of the shield remote? Did you try that?

This works out-of-the-box with kodi krypton on the shield.

Greetings Hoppel
(2017-02-12, 02:35)Veronica Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks,

VIC
Hello, are you using nvidia network share option a.k.a over local network? That is visible when PMS is enabled within storage settings.
Right now i dont have adopted storage i removed it but overall i havent had issues copy pasting files back and forth with Win10 pc and Android phone (es file explorer v3.2.5.5 from apkmirror.com installed on phone & shield tv). I've also used es file explorer Android tv implementation to send files via ADB from phone to shield tv without issues. (you must previously enable Developer options > USB Debugging and Network debugging).
Tip: you may also want to enable the last 2 options at the very bottom of Developer Mode settings.

Note: its also true that i don't use Android tv OS anymore but should work same way.

Hi Veronica,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did all of what you suggested but I still cant access my Hard Drive properly. What I find strange, is that I successfully mounted the hard drive, and it now shows up under device storage. However, the extra space does not show up in any of the explorer programs (Total Commander, ES Explorer). It only shows the storage of the internal shield. Should the mounted additional hard disk space be shown in a specific folder somewhere?

Below are some pics of my PC and the folders.

watch gallery

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Vic
(2017-02-12, 12:41)Victor Shade Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-12, 02:35)Veronica Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks,

VIC

Hi Veronica,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did all of what you suggested but I still cant access my Hard Drive properly. What I find strange, is that I successfully mounted the hard drive, and it now shows up under device storage. However, the extra space does not show up in any of the explorer programs (Total Commander, ES Explorer). It only shows the storage of the internal shield. Should the mounted additional hard disk space be shown in a specific folder somewhere?

Below are some pics of my PC and the folders.

watch gallery

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Vic

Quick update. Tried to map the SMB folder on my internally mounted HDD, but it shows that the drive is only 111gb large and that I already used space. The My book is 8TB large and empty...

This is getting really annoying.

watch gallery
(2017-02-12, 12:41)Victor Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick reply. I did all of what you suggested but I still cant access my Hard Drive properly. What I find strange, is that I successfully mounted the hard drive, and it now shows up under device storage. However, the extra space does not show up in any of the explorer programs (Total Commander, ES Explorer). It only shows the storage of the internal shield. Should the mounted additional hard disk space be shown in a specific folder somewhere?

What do you mean "mounted"? Do you mean you adopted the drive? If so then you made the drive part of the internal storage /storage/emulated/0. But Total Commander and X-Plore should still show it as an SD Card (it will not show up as increased internal storage to file explorers).

Though I'm confused by your pic since that shows your drive as being used as just regular external storage.

Quote:Quick update. Tried to map the SMB folder on my internally mounted HDD, but it shows that the drive is only 111gb large and that I already used space. The My book is 8TB large and empty...

Again, confused by your pic, why is it showing "cache" as the folder you seem to have mapped?
If adopted the storage and mapped it should show up like this.

(2017-02-12, 14:06)Victor Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Quick update. Tried to map the SMB folder on my internally mounted HDD, but it shows that the drive is only 111gb large and that I already used space. The My book is 8TB large and empty...

watch gallery
Ok 2 things.
1. I read somewhere that there was a limitation of probably 2-3tb for the shield tv for attached usb HDD. Don't know if that still apply so if someone could confirm for nougat please.
Mine is 3tb but accessed as smb network share not adopted and no issues there.
2. Probably you tought that you adopted it. Please make sure that in storage settings you see only 1 internal storage option of 8TB nd not separate info for internal 11gb and USB HDD 8tb.
Did you try a reboot?.
I think probably you "adopted it" while you already had apps and their data installed on the Shield
If still you think it is adopted and a reboot didn't help it is better if you nuke your shield down and start from scratch, backing up everything you can (if not rooted) from your shield and from your 8tb HDD because you'll need to format both. Then physically remove the Android folder from shield's internal storage, restore and format your hdd as external, eject it, unplug it and make a factory reset. Once booted up do the initial setup again until you see the leanback launcher, then immediately plug in your hdd and do the adopting as internal storage process. Before going further (installing apps) check the network access from/to the ShieldTV.

(2017-02-12, 16:22)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Victor Shade' pid='2523709' dateline='1486896093']

What do you mean "mounted"? Do you mean you adopted the drive? If so then you made the drive part of the internal storage /storage/emulated/0. But Total Commander and X-Plore should still show it as an SD Card (it will not show up as increased internal storage to file explorers).

Though I'm confused by your pic since that shows your drive as being used as just regular external storage.

Quote:Quick update. Tried to map the SMB folder on my internally mounted HDD, but it shows that the drive is only 111gb large and that I already used space. The My book is 8TB large and empty...

Again, confused by your pic, why is it showing "cache" as the folder you seem to have mapped?
If adopted the storage and mapped it should show up like this.

Hi,

My apologies for being confusing. I'm pretty new at this. To answer your questions (hopefully):

1. When I mean "mounted", yes, I formatted the drive to make it part of the internal storage.

2. I mapped the the plex media server smb folder directly in my external hdd, but it only showed 111gb of site. If I map internal storage, it only shows 11gb.

My basic question is: I made my 8TB HDD part of the internal shield storage. Now, how (and probably where) can I copy files from my pc onto that?

Again, apologies if im confusing, but this simple endeavor seems to be a lot harder than it should be...

Thanks!

Vic
(2017-02-12, 17:32)Veronica Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Victor Shade' pid='2523779' dateline='1486901219']
Quick update. Tried to map the SMB folder on my internally mounted HDD, but it shows that the drive is only 111gb large and that I already used space. The My book is 8TB large and empty...

watch gallery
Ok 2 things.
1. I read somewhere that there was a limitation of probably 2-3tb for the shield tv for attached usb HDD. Don't know if that still apply so if someone could confirm for nougat please.
Mine is 3tb but accessed as smb network share not adopted and no issues there.
2. Probably you tought that you adopted it. Please make sure that in storage settings you see only 1 internal storage option of 8TB nd not separate info for internal 11gb and USB HDD 8tb.
Did you try a reboot?.
I think probably you "adopted it" while you already had apps and their data installed on the Shield
If still you think it is adopted and a reboot didn't help it is better if you nuke your shield down and start from scratch, backing up everything you can (if not rooted) from your shield and from your 8tb HDD because you'll need to format both. Then physically remove the Android folder from shield's internal storage, restore and format your hdd as external, eject it, unplug it and make a factory reset. Once booted up do the initial setup again until you see the leanback launcher, then immediately plug in your hdd and do the adopting as internal storage process. Before going further (installing apps) check the network access from/to the ShieldTV.

Hi Victoria,

Thanks, Il give that try!