Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-03-01, 00:46)puntloos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-01, 00:25)hoppel118 Wrote: [ -> ]It's possible to sync audio/video in kodi.
Play a movie, press ok, go to settings, audio and subtitle settings, configure the audio offset. After that scroll down to "set as default for all media".

Thanks hoppel- I'm aware of the function, but my main problem is the fact that the 'initial' AV desync is different than the AV sync after a little while. I can correct the 'final' problem, but it takes some seconds before it finds it final stage. Also I need to do some more testing but the 'final desync' seems to even vary a little between playbacks. Ack.

I don't have that error with the exact same setup. With which kind of movie format do you have this issue?

Did you enable framerateswitching or audio passthrough?
(2017-03-01, 02:35)hoppel118 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-01, 00:46)puntloos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-01, 00:25)hoppel118 Wrote: [ -> ]It's possible to sync audio/video in kodi.
Play a movie, press ok, go to settings, audio and subtitle settings, configure the audio offset. After that scroll down to "set as default for all media".

Thanks hoppel- I'm aware of the function, but my main problem is the fact that the 'initial' AV desync is different than the AV sync after a little while. I can correct the 'final' problem, but it takes some seconds before it finds it final stage. Also I need to do some more testing but the 'final desync' seems to even vary a little between playbacks. Ack.

I don't have that error with the exact same setup. With which kind of movie format do you have this issue?
In this specific case it's a x264+ac3 mkv. 4:3 ratio though (old TV show).

Quote:Did you enable framerateswitching or audio passthrough?

Yes, both are enabled, and the TV clearly switches to 23.976, and the receiver detects the right audio format.
Hi everyone,

I have a weird issue with audio passthrough. Sometimes when i start a movie the sound works great but sometimes there is no sound ? I noticed that if i switch audio track while playing the .mkv movie it solves the issue, the sounds go back on both tracks !

My setup is like this: Shield =>HDMI=>TV=>Optical out=> Home Theater

Do you think there is a problem with my setup or settings in kodi?
(2017-03-01, 18:01)woxxi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

I have a weird issue with audio passthrough. Sometimes when i start a movie the sound works great but sometimes there is no sound ? I noticed that if i switch audio track while playing the .mkv movie it solves the issue, the sounds go back on both tracks !

Have you set the 3 second delay in the Kodi options? I forget where the setting is exactly, probably in Settings -> System -> Audio, delay after switching resolutions. Needs to be 3sec.
(2017-03-01, 18:47)puntloos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-01, 18:01)woxxi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

Have you set the 3 second delay in the Kodi options? I forget where the setting is exactly, probably in Settings -> System -> Audio, delay after switching resolutions. Needs to be 3sec.

You mean the settings that are described in the 1st post of this thread? Wink
SPMC 16.6.0 (2017/03/01)

ADD: “Visible behind” for Android TV
ADD: “Now playing” for Android TV
FIX: HD audio IEC on N (Shield + Mi)
FIX: use PT RAW for re-encoding if selected- FIX: 3D -> 2D in amcs
FIX: windowed amc
ADD: Dynamic amcs surfaces
FIX: amcs rotation
FIX: plugin cache
ADD: zeroconf via API
FIX: 4K GUI
FIX: High CPU load
ADD: Smoothstreaming
FIX: crash on exit with NFS

Nvidia Shield Specific Recommended settings also have been updated.
(2017-03-01, 20:29)bluestang Wrote: [ -> ]SPMC 16.6.0 (2017/03/01)

ADD: “Visible behind” for Android TV
ADD: “Now playing” for Android TV
FIX: HD audio IEC on N (Shield + Mi)
FIX: use PT RAW for re-encoding if selected- FIX: 3D -> 2D in amcs
FIX: windowed amc
ADD: Dynamic amcs surfaces
FIX: amcs rotation
FIX: plugin cache
ADD: zeroconf via API
FIX: 4K GUI
FIX: High CPU load
ADD: Smoothstreaming
FIX: crash on exit with NFS

Nvidia Shield Specific Recommended settings also have been updated.

Good News Nod

I wait update in Play Store .
Is the Shield the most future proof device and can it do dual boot, Android / LibreElec?
nVidia has this bolted down pretty tight. Difficult to root. You cannot disable the leanback launcher. Android 7 has further tightened things down. The point to this is to provide consistent performance. I have had a number of inexpensive boxes that I could root and use different ROM's. Although fun, I never found a box with the proper performance to use stock Kodi apk. This box runs Kodi 17 nicely with no user tweaks.

If you want LibreElec as your OS, then there are cheaper boxes that run this well.
(2017-03-01, 01:43)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]The Play Store for Android TV has been screwed up for a while, but you can go to the Play Store from a browser and push it to the Shield. https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...tv.android
Turned on the Shield and the Spotify app was back, just had to re-log back in (maybe it's one of the defaults). I did grab the chrome browser and trying to figure out the voice search in that.

Just an amazing box, and the software integration is nice.
(2017-03-02, 16:55)cjeman Wrote: [ -> ]nVidia has this bolted down pretty tight. Difficult to root. You cannot disable the leanback launcher. Android 7 has further tightened things down. The point to this is to provide consistent performance. I have had a number of inexpensive boxes that I could root and use different ROM's. Although fun, I never found a box with the proper performance to use stock Kodi apk. This box runs Kodi 17 nicely with no user tweaks.

If you want LibreElec as your OS, then there are cheaper boxes that run this well.

How is it difficult to root, Nvidia even provides rooted OS images and instructions on how to install.

https://developer.nvidia.com/shield-developer-os-images

You can't disable the Leanback Launcher because of Google (it actually came in a LL update) not Nvidia.
It's not difficult, but you do need a USB A<->A cable and you probably don't have one in your drawer. That's about it.
Only for the 2017 16GB model, the Pro and 2015 models don't need a USB A - A cable/adapter.
Yep, very true. Only the cheapest model currently available.
Hello guys

I updated my hd tv Samsung to Hisense H8C 4K

My AVR Onkyo Support 4K 2.0 Not HDR

Problems in Spmc With Recommended video settings 1080p GUI

I feel that there is a problem in the picture Freeze When movement actor ! and Colour Abnormal
I Closed (adjust refresh rate) but same problem

Settings Shield
1080p | YCbCr 4.4.4 8bit | & Same Spmc Recommended video settings 1080p

This problem did not appear With my old tv !