Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, how do I find out which version of Kodi is being used in an nVidia Shield?

There is no system info/version info like shown on the picture below in Android 18 version of Kodi? Or is there?

(2017-11-22, 15:56)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, how do I find out which version of Kodi is being used in an nVidia Shield?

There is no system info/version info like shown on the picture below in Android 18 version of Kodi? Or is there?

By going to Settings / System information.

Yes, it's there in v18 also.
Yeah found it using Estuary but not visible with Grid.

Thanks for the help Tinwarble.
Hi, 

My Nvidia Shield Device is not upgrading to the latest version 6.2. I bought it from Dubai. Is it cause of the Hardware bought from the Middle East, I cannot upgrade the device, or is it some sort of software corruption.
Please guide me with a proper solution. 

Thanks
How do people transfer files between the shield and other PC's?
(2017-11-27, 16:02)docwra Wrote: [ -> ]How do people transfer files between the shield and other PC's?
adbLink:
http://jocala.com/

You can sideload apks with adbLink and backup kodi, edit/copy/transfer files from/to you PC.

Primitve FTPd:
https://github.com/wolpi/prim-ftpd
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...g.primftpd

S/FTP Server start at boot, edit/copy/transfer files from/to you PC.

Total Commander and Plugins:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...lCommander
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...lugins.LAN
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...lugins.FTP
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ugins.SFTP

Access your NAS and S/FTP server, edit/copy/transfer files, install apks etc with the remote of the Shield TV.
(2017-11-27, 15:40)DSilverburgh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, 

My Nvidia Shield Device is not upgrading to the latest version 6.2. I bought it from Dubai. Is it cause of the Hardware bought from the Middle East, I cannot upgrade the device, or is it some sort of software corruption.
Please guide me with a proper solution. 

Thanks
Nothing to do with Kodi.  For questions about upgrading firmware you need to ask on the Nvidia forums.
(2017-11-27, 16:02)docwra Wrote: [ -> ]How do people transfer files between the shield and other PC's?
From PC to Shield
Use the "Over the network" feature on the Shield.  Make sure Plex Media Server is up to date, then go to Settings > Storage & reset > Over the network, and turn it on.  Then you can transfer from you PC to the Shield just like any other network device.

NOTE: for external storage you will need to use the "NVIDIA_SHIELD" folder created on that storage.

From Shield to PC/NAS.
Install X-plore File Manager, go to "LAN", select "Add server" then "Scan". 

You can bookmark your network devices by selecting that device, after you have scanned for them, and pressing and holding the select button on your remote/controller and selecting "Add server".

You can also use Total Commander, but X-plore is more user friendly on Android TV.
Hello,

Is there anyone with a Shield from 2015 purchased in the United Kingdom? I need to know if models sold in this country include the european plug adapter.

Thank you very much in advance
We've been having an issue where our shield will just go to sleep while watching live tv. Shield is set to 1080p 50hz output, kodi is getting the livetv from a tvheadend server. Seems to happen a few times a day. A tap of the home button wakes it up straight away so it's not crashing or rebooting - just going to sleep.

Do i just enable debug logs and wait for it to happen again?
(2017-11-28, 15:49)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Is there anyone with a Shield from 2015 purchased in the United Kingdom? I need to know if models sold in this country include the european plug adapter.

Thank you very much in advance
 My Amazon purchase included both a UK and an EU plug-top that would fit the mains adaptor. It was a 2015 16GB model - though the EU plug top has had a safety recall.
X-plore for all things Android/linux and lan/ftp/cloud/.
Wifi file sender and corresponding client on Windows., I find it simple and rapid.
My 2 cents
Regards
Alessandro
(2017-11-21, 02:42)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-21, 00:19)Comp1demon Wrote: [ -> ]Have the Pro Model 2017.  Just did the latest Firmware update and now things seem SLOW, SLuggish, Skippy, Choppy, ect??

From the main menu UI to my KODI and SPMC builds both really choppy. It feels like when your PC is at 100% cpu useage and your trying to go through Kodi and it locks up for a second here and there.

Any suggestions?
 First, there is no 2017 Pro model, it's just the Pro and the same exact device if you bought one in 2015 or 2017.  The only difference is the controller that came with it.

Second, if you just received a update then you are on the Preview and the only place you are suppose to be talking about it or asking questions is the the dedicated preview thread on the Nvidia forums.

Third, you have a Pro.  Any time you do a update on the Pro you have to give it a while before it will become faster.  It could take up to 24 hours until it speeds back up to normal depending on how many apps you have installed.  This is because it is still optimizing the apps after the update. 
WOW
(2017-11-29, 00:31)vn800art Wrote: [ -> ]X-plore for all things Android/linux and lan/ftp/cloud/.
Wifi file sender and corresponding client on Windows., I find it simple and rapid.
My 2 cents
Regards
Alessandro
 I use X-plore but find it very very slow when moving or deleting large files of say 500 MB. I an talking about X-plore taking 30 minutes or more.

Is there a way to speed it up?

I am currently looking to find a faster alternative.

I used to use ES-File Explorer which was a lot faster when manipulating large files, but stopped using it due to all the scare stories of what it was allegedly doing in the back ground.

Anyone recommend an android file manager that can manipulate 500 MB files quickly?
(2017-11-29, 08:23)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-29, 00:31)vn800art Wrote: [ -> ]X-plore for all things Android/linux and lan/ftp/cloud/.
My 2 cents
Regards
Alessandro
 I use X-plore but find it very very slow when moving or deleting large files of say 500 MB. I an talking about X-plore taking 30 minutes or more.

Is there a way to speed it up?

I am currently looking to find a faster alternative.

I used to use ES-File Explorer which was a lot faster when manipulating large files, but stopped using it due to all the scare stories of what it was allegedly doing in the back ground.

Anyone recommend an android file manager that can manipulate 500 MB files quickly? 
Try Solid Explorer. I don't know how fast is handling big files but I think it's a very good app.