Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-03-02, 02:34)ozkhan1 Wrote: [ -> ]use the mibox remote.. it works with the shield.

Thanks for the reply. So you use the Shield TV with the Mi Box voice remote and it’s working? I read on Shield TV forum that it doesn’t pair and if pairs, it doesn’t survive reboot and you have to re-pair.

So, is that Informationen not valid anymore or something special needs to be done to get it work?
(2018-03-02, 11:28)Vlaves Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-02, 02:34)ozkhan1 Wrote: [ -> ]use the mibox remote.. it works with the shield.

Thanks for the reply. So you use the Shield TV with the Mi Box voice remote and it’s working? I read on Shield TV forum that it doesn’t pair and if pairs, it doesn’t survive reboot and you have to re-pair.

So, is that Informationen not valid anymore or something special needs to be done to get it work? 
i dont use it myself but i heard you can pair it.. i honestly did not know you have to repair it every time you reboot.
Has anyone got a problem with HDCP errors on the netflix app after using Kodi?

A reboot of the shield fixes it, or if I change to another resolution.

Very confused how to fix, as I would like to stick to 3840z2160p resolution @ 59.94 refresh rate as recommended in the shield settings.
Hi All,

Has anyone got the same issue at me?
Nvidia Shield TV 2017 - 6.3 (Wired LAN)
NAS (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS - NFS/SAMBA Shares where my media resides connected via wired LAN)

Kodi 17.6 or 18 Alpha - starts up fine and plays any media file fine, when returning the Kodi GUI after watching a Movie / TV Show (Kodi - app not responding).
I have to kill 'Kodi' to restart Kodi, I have tried to configure Kodi to use NFS and Samba - same error everytime.

Fixed - Weather Addon causing Kodi to crash
Hello,
Do you have stutering issues with 25pps files with kodi on shield TV ?
I use 17.6 Kodi version, all is fine except with 25pps series files !!!
I tested on my Sony A1 OLED TV too and same issues Sad
One time I solved this issue with 25pps series SD files by activate/desactivate mediasurface settings, is it the right solution ? if yes why ?
thanks

regards

Edit: I used advanced settings file but it doesn't work better Sad
Hello

I enabled 'Adjust Display Refresh Rate - Start/Stop'
Playback of 24p files have improved - tho not perfect yet - (CTRL + SHIFT + O) shows its still skipping frames.
true 24p ore 23.967 ?

BHH
(2018-03-19, 14:39)buzzqw Wrote: [ -> ]https://mrmc.tv/2018/03/18/welcome-our-n...kodi-fame/

sad news for spmc user...

BHH
 Just checked MrMC on play store, play store states MrMC is incompatible with all my devices :-(
(2018-03-19, 14:39)buzzqw Wrote: [ -> ]https://mrmc.tv/2018/03/18/welcome-our-n...kodi-fame/

sad news for spmc user...

BHH
 so is the SPMC project dead?
I just buy a Nvidia Shield !
on http://spmc.semperpax.com/ or github there isn't any official statment ...

but.. Sad

BHH
(2018-03-19, 17:24)buzzqw Wrote: [ -> ]on http://spmc.semperpax.com/ or github there isn't any official statment ...

but.. Sad

BHH
Koyning and mr mc have both announced it on twitter , so yes spmc is mothballed. This also affects kodi as koyning has been active over there but he is now fully focused on mr mc
Hello, got a question for your Shield users out there.

I recently bought a 4K TV and installed Kodi on the Mibox i was planning to use with the TV. Problem is, when i look into the "System settings" of Kodi, the listed screen resolution is 1920x1080 and is greyed out, i can't change it. Does that mean the 4K video will be played in this resolution, and not in 4K, even if the TV is 4K ?

I tried Kodi Windows version on my comp plugged to my TV, and i then have the option to change the resolution.

Question is, if i upgrade to a Shield to play my contents, will i be able to set up a 4K resolution ?

Thanks, any help will be appreciated.
(2018-03-19, 22:23)Vonsid Wrote: [ -> ]I recently bought a 4K TV and installed Kodi on the Mibox i was planning to use with the TV. Problem is, when i look into the "System settings" of Kodi, the listed screen resolution is 1920x1080 and is greyed out, i can't change it. Does that mean the 4K video will be played in this resolution, and not in 4K, even if the TV is 4K ?
You have to go into Android settings and change the Display Resolution to 4K if you want 4K output with virtually all Android boxes.

Kodi Krypton Auto resolution switching works if you use one of those AMLogic 4K LibreELEC Boxes. With those you can change the resolution in Kodi Krypton too.

Also too add if you want frame rate matching (dynamic refresh switching) in other Apps like Netflix and Amazon Video then Android devices are not a good buy either.
(2018-03-19, 17:24)buzzqw Wrote: [ -> ]on http://spmc.semperpax.com/ or github there isn't any official statment ...

but.. Sad

BHH
That's a bummer! I have SPMC, Kodi and MrMC installed on my Shield and nothing beats SPMC (the original Play Store version). Especially Live TV on MrMC is with flaws, where SPMC does it all as expected. I must say I have a normal 1080p TV, no 4K/HDR/3D to be dealt with.