Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Tidal lossless
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Gents,
I am new to Kodi. While looking for a way to stream Tidal lossless on an Amazon Fire TV (Gen 4), I came across a proposed setup to install both, Kodi and the official Tidal Add-on from Takoi. So far so good.
Everything went smooth without any problem, until I figured out that I can actually change the add-On settings to "lossless" which works fine on my Apple devices (Iphone, Mac..)

So here is my issue:
In brief: it does not work. Either the logon fails, or the music does not play. Once I switch back to the quality setting "high" things work again.

What I have done:
I disabled and uninstalled the plugin and deleted the add-on folder, re-installed and re-started everything, while shutting down Kodi in between these activities.
Note: I also tried the unofficial TIDAL 2 plugin (github) which cannot install.

Questions:
1. Should the lossless mode of the Tidal-Plugin work with the latest Kodi 16.1?
2. If yes, what else can I do to fix it?
3. Any other sw I should install?
3. Will there be an official future version supporting music videos and MQA moving forward?

Tidal is awesome and to get it up and running drives me crazy. It already sounds way better on Kodi, then streamed via Airplay.
I appreciate any (fast) support.
Thank you!
Debug log (wiki)
(2017-01-16, 16:36)Christian226 Wrote: [ -> ]Gents,
I am new to Kodi. While looking for a way to stream Tidal lossless on an Amazon Fire TV (Gen 4), I came across a proposed setup to install both, Kodi and the official Tidal Add-on from Takoi. So far so good.
Everything went smooth without any problem, until I figured out that I can actually change the add-On settings to "lossless" which works fine on my Apple devices (Iphone, Mac..)

So here is my issue:
In brief: it does not work. Either the logon fails, or the music does not play. Once I switch back to the quality setting "high" things work again.

What I have done:
I disabled and uninstalled the plugin and deleted the add-on folder, re-installed and re-started everything, while shutting down Kodi in between these activities.
Note: I also tried the unofficial TIDAL 2 plugin (github) which cannot install.

Questions:
1. Should the lossless mode of the Tidal-Plugin work with the latest Kodi 16.1?
2. If yes, what else can I do to fix it?
3. Any other sw I should install?
3. Will there be an official future version supporting music videos and MQA moving forward?

Tidal is awesome and to get it up and running drives me crazy. It already sounds way better on Kodi, then streamed via Airplay.
I appreciate any (fast) support.
Thank you!

Hello Christian226,

how do you installed my TIDAL2 Addon from github ?

The best way is to "Install from ZIP" and use this ZIP-File https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...-beta7.zip

The Addon has some dependencies which installs automatically when using the "Install from ZIP" method.

Another way is to install my Repository-Addon from this ZIP-File: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...-0.1.1.zip
and install TIDAL2 from this Repository. Then you will get Updates automatically Wink

arneson
Arneson, you are the man!
I installed your ZIP-File and it works! The only bummer: Sometimes Kodi shuts down completely, any thought why?
Which settings do you recommend in the system section, should Passthrough be activated?

Thank you!!
(2017-01-17, 13:53)Christian226 Wrote: [ -> ]Arneson, you are the man!
I installed your ZIP-File and it works! The only bummer: Sometimes Kodi shuts down completely, any thought why?
Which settings do you recommend in the system section, should Passthrough be activated?

Thank you!!

Hello Christian226,

I think, the Fire TV has not anough memory for large item lists.
The TIDAL lists can contain up to 1000 Lines !!!

Look at the Addon-Setting: "Max. number of list items per page" !!
Try to set this down to 100 or 200 lines per page.

arneson
Hello Arneson,
this worked - Thanks again. Your nickname should be "Arne Awesome" Smile
Hi Arneson,
I have been enjoying your Tidal plugin very much until I upgraded Kodi to version 17.
Actually, I think that the audio settings remained the same. However, the output volume decrease tremendously and the sound appears to be not as crisp and dynamic as he used to be.
Do you have any idea, what this could be? I appreciate any input. On another note, is there a newer version of your plug-in that might resolve things? If yes, I kindly ask you to post the link to the zip file. Thanks!
(2017-02-07, 17:14)Christian226 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Arneson,
I have been enjoying your Tidal plugin very much until I upgraded Kodi to version 17.
Actually, I think that the audio settings remained the same. However, the output volume decrease tremendously and the sound appears to be not as crisp and dynamic as he used to be.
Do you have any idea, what this could be? I appreciate any input. On another note, is there a newer version of your plug-in that might resolve things? If yes, I kindly ask you to post the link to the zip file. Thanks!

Hi Christian,

The Tidal streams contain replay gain informations. That can be the reason why the volume is decreased.
Previous releases of Kodi didn't recognize this replay gain infos in Tidal streams correctly.
Try to disable all replay gain handling in the Kodi Music settings !!

arneson
Hi,

I'm also a happy user of Tidal2, Thanks!

Is there a way to shuffle play a playlist?

Thanks

Joel
(2017-03-12, 04:37)Joel1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm also a happy user of Tidal2, Thanks!

Is there a way to shuffle play a playlist?

Thanks

Joel

Hello Joel1,

go to fullscreen mode and press "m" for Menu. There are buttons for "Random Play" and "Repeat".

arneson
Hi Arneson,

Just subscribed to thank you for making Tidal2 work flawlessly in Kodi for us Tidal subscribers, it makes my rig look excellent, It's always nice to think outside the box we live in and its people like yourself that pave the way.
Cheers
Thanks, I will give this a try

(2017-03-13, 13:51)arneson Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Joel1,

go to fullscreen mode and press "m" for Menu. There are buttons for "Random Play" and "Repeat".

arneson
Shouldn't MQA masters be streaming at 24bit 48khz?

If not there doesn't seem any point to treating them separately. As I understand it if the software streaming MQA doesn't stream at least 24/48 the 16bit 44.1khz stream will actually be lossy and lower quality than all other lossless flac streams on Tidal.

Grateful for any advice on this. MQA can be confusing.
Appears to be fixed in the latest beta. Well done ameson!
Same problem using a firestick and nothing can get Tidal operating in lossless or anything without the login going through.

Did realize I had to go through fusion to download Tidal2 zip file and couldn't get it direct.
Entered the username and password for US media. Which subscription is it "hifi" or "premium?"
Ok, so I'm a Tidal subscriber but I can't get the Tidal password take.

===

On another thread, arneson advised to logout and back in after chasing the settings on Tidal within Kodi.
In US, the setting is "hifi" and it works great now with Lossless and also there's a Master 24 bit setting.

Super duper good and better sound quality from a Firestick versus a Mac OS computer on a high end tube amp system. WoW! 

Thanks again arneson.
Pages: 1 2