Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi stuck to 1080p on Nvidia Shield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my first post on the Kodi forum.

I installed Kodi version 17 on my Nvidia Shield, hooked it up to my LG OLED55E6 4K HDR TV and do NOT get 4K: I don't even have the option to change my screen rez in Kodi, it's just not available. I can't even play regular 1080p, it just won't start.

(I used VLAN player on the Shield too and with that I can play 4K clips and movies, so I don't think it's a hardware thingie).

Does anybody have any advice or tips?

Greetz from Holland,
Eric
What content are you trying to play ? Local Files or Streaming using Add-Ons ?
(2017-01-17, 14:58)eric1403 Wrote: [ -> ]This is my first post on the Kodi forum.

I installed Kodi version 17 on my Nvidia Shield, hooked it up to my LG OLED55E6 4K HDR TV and do NOT get 4K: I don't even have the option to change my screen rez in Kodi, it's just not available. I can't even play regular 1080p, it just won't start.

(I used VLAN player on the Shield too and with that I can play 4K clips and movies, so I don't think it's a hardware thingie).

Does anybody have any advice or tips?

Greetz from Holland,
Eric

I do have same problem. The solution I found so far is power up the Shield after the TV is ON. Else you may just restart the shield and you will get the option of changing resolution. The other weird thing is Kodi doesn't store this setting and you need to do those steps for every power cycle!
This wasn't the case in previous version I think. I am noticing this problem on 17.1. Also SPMC had similar issue before and it was fixed. But again it came back in 16.6 Sad
Seems like this is due to some API issue between Shield and KODI/SPMC.

Hello KODI/SPMC team - Hope you will get to see this and you may kindly help us with some solutions Smile
Quote:VLAN player on the Shield too and with that I can play 4K clips and movies

Kodi can use VLAN as an external player.