Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skin resets every time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I used this skin for ages, and then I don't know what changed, but now it resets to default every time.
In fact, I have to press "s" - select "Reload skin" every time I log in.
My other them retains its settings. I have tried saving and re-pasting the GUIsettings.xml file over and over- but it still defaults to orignial state.
I ave to re-add my shortcuts, and submenus too often.
Would appreciate idea to solve. The skin is too good to change to something else.
How do you exit Kodi? You have to use the shutdown menu for it to save your skin settings. If you force Kodi to close, the settings won't save correctly. That's the only thing I can think of, can't reproduce the issue here.
I have a simular issue

When playing music, the background slideshow is default Fanart
I change it to Artist slideshow.

I close Kodi with, Esc key and then the Close

When I restart Kodi, the background slideshow is Fanart again! grrrr
(2017-01-20, 10:26)mhdebokx Wrote: [ -> ]I have a simular issue

If it goes back to fanart, that skin setting is not being saved. Still can't reproduce the issue here. What versions of Kodi/Mimic are you using? Only thing I can suggest is to test with the latest versions.
(2017-01-20, 17:39)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-20, 10:26)mhdebokx Wrote: [ -> ]I have a simular issue

If it goes back to fanart, that skin setting is not being saved. Still can't reproduce the issue here. What versions of Kodi/Mimic are you using? Only thing I can suggest is to test with the latest versions.

Finally I managed that the settings are saved correctly. After changing the music slideshow to Artist Slideshow, I went to the Config menu, and changed back to default skin Estuary. Play some music... and then switch back to Mimic skin. Playing music and yes... the default is Artist Slideshow and not Fanart!