Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: APK File
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, have tried, many times, to download Krypton 17 from Kodi website to a USB, then put USB into my Streambox, Android, go to App Install, go to USB, it searches and message back says no APK file found. Have been into Security and ticked box for third party download permission.
Am at a loss to understand why this is happening. I have Kodi 16.1 on my android box that works perfectly fine.
Any help or tips much appreciated.
Thanks
if it is a android box just go to google play and download it there.... if not then need more info about the box your using... also you need to be sure the usb is formatted by the android box before adding the apk to it... if not then I may never see the usb.
Thread moved to Android
Thanks for the info smitchell6879, I have formatted the usb stick through my laptop, not sure how to format it through the android box. The android box I have is one made by ilikehdtv, it is called Streambox. As I said I loaded Kodi 16.1 on to it, no problem, downloading the APK file from the Kodi website to a usb, but with this Krypton 17 it just does not seem to find APK files.
Any further info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.
Android typically formats through Settings -> Storage - you should find a format option in there. You may need to unmount the card first.

Also, check you're downloading the right version of the APK, just in case there's a 32/64 bit issue.