Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MAC Address not showing up in settings Nvidia Shield TV 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to edit/input MAC address in Kodi v16 & v17 as it's not showing my Nvidia Shields MAC address in system information.

Currently shows MAC address - 00:00:00:00:00:00

When I run Kodi v16 & v17 on Apple OS X it displays with no issues.

Cheers for any suggestions
Is there any specific reason you need the Mac address to show up in Kodi, especially since Kodi has no control over network settings?
(2017-01-19, 06:05)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any specific reason you need the Mac address to show up in Kodi, especially since Kodi has no control over network settings?

The software I use for Kodi (Android) auto-updates and self-configures OTA in the background, including subscription IPTV service. Had to send my device's MAC address so only I can install software and use service. However message I receive 'it is not possible to gather details required to authorize this unit.'

Just seems strange that Kodi on Nvidia Shield doesn't show MAC address just zero'd out but other devices like Macintosh shows this.
I'm guessing you're referring to an add-on and not software. If it's an app, then it doesn't have anything to do with Kodi, And is it the add-on giving you that message?

Can you not manually send the MAC address?
(2017-01-19, 18:01)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing you're referring to an add-on and not software. If it's an app, then it doesn't have anything to do with Kodi, And is it the add-on giving you that message?

Can you not manually send the MAC address?

You are correct it's an add-on based around the SPMC.

Yes the add-on is giving me the message.

Not sure how I would manually send MAC address. My router shows that the Nvidia Shield is using the defined MAC address just wondered if Kodi is interfering with it as checking system information the address is zero'd out.

Many Thanks for your time.
I'm not sure what you mean by an "add-on based around SPMC", which is just a fork of Kodi.

I don't know why your MAC address isn't showing up (it doesn't for me either on v17), but I would suggest trying SPMC, since it shows up on my Shields that way. You should then be able to copy the data from SMPC to Kodi.

I would also contact the add-on dev, since he would be the only one that can tell you if the MAC address can be manually added.