Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: File lists are never updated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've posted this question to the Android-forum, but then I realized it probably is a problem on the PC (Linux) side... so I'm not quite sure now. Here's the question:

I love Kodi and installed it on all my devices. But I have a problem with Kodi on my Android-TV.

I want to access my video collection, that I have on my Linux-PC running Kodi. Kodi on Linux runs fine.

But: on the TV I get an outdated list of files when I browse the library via UPnP. It loads fine at the beginning, but later when I add new files, move files around etc. in the library (on the PC), the list never updates on the Android-Kodi. Why? I tried "update library", does nothing. I also set "broadcast library updates to clients" on the PC-Kodi.

The only workaround I found so far is: change the name of the PC-Kodi, add the new name to the sources on Android and load the files from there. Then I get the new list, but as soon as I make changes in the library, the same happens: no update on Android.

Yesterday I tried installing VLC on Android, and the same happens: it gets an old file list via UPnP (the same as Kodi on Android). I don't understand that. It has to be a problem of the PC-Kodi then...

Anyone any ideas?
Yes, use smb or nfs rather than upnp.
Hey nickr,

thanks. You mean to use SMB/NFS on the client side, right? So no Kodi as server?
Never mind, it works now. I tried this before with SMB, but failed to set up the source with a username/password. That option is very well hidden in "Add network location". Choosing SMB from the sources dialog does not give the opportunity to enter user/pw. Now it works and I get the current file lists. Just in case someone else has this problem...