Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Prevent naming changes when importing to library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using openelec on raspberry pi 2.

I have my folder and files named how I like them... But when I locally import shows it renames them to Kodi's naming standards. I still want to import files to the library but want to keep my naming structure.

Can I edit this somewhere?

Thanks,
I think you need to do the following:

Go to your video source -> change content -> go to settings and use the option ' keep original title'
Thanks for replying, it sadly isn't what I need.

It looks like that is for moviedb and it keeps the original title (when its a foreign film).

Thanks for suggestion regardless.

Open to any more ideas.
Are you talking about the Library naming being used in Files view? if so then disable the "Replace names with Library titles" setting, location of this will depend on the version of Kodi you are using:

In v16 it's in "Videos - File Lists"

In v17 it's in "Media - Videos"
Yes, thank you!

Ideally it would be in both but this works but better than nothing.

Thanks again.
(2017-01-19, 23:27)Grimchaos Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for replying, it sadly isn't what I need.

It looks like that is for moviedb and it keeps the original title (when its a foreign film).

Thanks for suggestion regardless.

Open to any more ideas.

You are right.... my apologies.
The only way to do what you want AFAIK is with an external media manager - eg Ember, Media Companion or similar - saving to an .nfo file for each media file. Scan with one of those and you can call things whatever you want.