Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: moving forward x minutes and y seconds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When playing a recorded TV show or video, using Jarvis 16.1, if I want to jump forward or backwards a certain amount of time, I use the keyboard command: [number] then right or left arrow - per the kodi keyboard reference page. Example: if I want to jump forward 4 minutes and 10 seconds, I would enter [410], then right arrow - it works as described in the Kodi reference.

But on Krypton RC2 & RC3 if I try to to perform the same jump forward or backward function on the same recording, it doesn't seem to work.

Is this a bug or a change of function with Krypton? Is there an alternative keyboard command that would allow me to jump forward or backward a specific amount of time?
Hi,

Until the update of Kodi 17 rc3 from Kodi 16, I could write "130" and press key Right to move the video forward of 1 minute and 30 seconds (for example).

Now I can still write "130" and press Right but the video don't move forward.
Only the press "Enter" have still an effect.

Somebody could tell me if that's normal and if is it possible tu reactivate this function ? It was very helpfull for example to skip shortly moments I don't care like the credits of the video which are in the middle of the video.

Thanks
Confirmed in Krypton RC3 no action Skip steps (wiki) 7.1 Skip the specified amount

I tried this out on Jarvis, and was amazed, didn't even know this feature existed until your post. Seems to be missing in Krypton, although it's still in the wiki as a function, not sure if they'll change the wiki, or change the program to match the wiki. Seems most of the previous issues involved users that wanted to go to a specific time, and bookmarks have mostly filled that function. From the wiki 7.2 Skip to a specific time mark still functions and will take you directly to a specified time element.
(2017-01-19, 19:39)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]I tried this out on Jarvis, and was amazed, didn't even know this feature existed until your post. Seems to be missing in Krypton, although it's still in the wiki as a function, not sure if they'll change the wiki, or change the program to match the wiki. Seems most of the previous issues involved users that wanted to go to a specific time, and bookmarks have mostly filled that function. From the wiki 7.2 Skip to a specific time mark still functions and will take you directly to a specified time element.

It is a great feature for me since I use it to jump around commercials. My wife loves it as well, in fact she is the one who pointed it out to me. How do I go about requesting this feature to be added into Kyrpton? Pat - do you have any influence here?
Treat it as a bug and creat a ticket in the bugtracker, it will definitely get attention.
lo

same with daily build for me Sad
Thanks for your reply.
I think Kodi must keep this feature, that's why it seems important to write a bug ticket like Patk said :

(2017-01-19, 21:16)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Treat it as a bug and creat a ticket in the bugtracker, it will definitely get attention.

I just tried to do it, but I didn't succed, an error message appears when I try to create a bug ticket.

Can someone report this bug on a ticket please ?

Thanks
THANKS BRO !!!!!!!!!!! This fix just changed my life !!!!NodBig Grin