Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to Connect to SMB Shares from Amazon Firestick v2 and Kodi Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I purchased a new Amazon Fire Stick from Best Buy. I used ES File Manager to download and install Kodi Krypton to it. I find myself unable to connect to my main server (Windows 7 machine). When I try to add by server name or IP, I get an an error about connection timout, and that I may not be connected to the network.
When I check the network settings in Kodi it has an IP address that is out of my router's subnet, however when I check the Fire Stick it has the correct IP.
I tried to "Add network location" and browse the network, but that didn't give me any results either.

I know my server is set up correctly, I have two windows computers running Kodi that connect to it just fine.

The entire reason I bought this was to stream content from my server, so at this point the thing is useless to me Sad Please help!
THIS thread might offer some help...
Update:
I run an Emby server on my server. When I view the uPnP devices it is listed, and I can add it and stream from it fine. So it sees the server and connects fine that way.
I read that the stable builds of Krypton have some issues with SMB Browsing, so I Added a Network source, and just entered the server name and share folder and left the rest blank. It added fine. I set up a folder and let it scan everything overnight.
This morning I went to check on things and it looked like it had completed as all of the videos were now listed. I went to play one and it said it couldn't find the file. I went back to check on the share in Kodi and it no longer connects.
While I'm thrilled it worked last night, I'm disappointed that it's unstable and not working now.

I reviewed that thread and the only thing I hadn't done was the registry change. I did that and rebooted the server and I'm able to connect. So far so good Smile