Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Complete newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, upon recommendation of a friend, I got an mxq pro tv box. I went into Kodi and Videos. Then Ustvnow. None of the channels will play. I get a message that says playback failed and check log for more information.
My friend just plugged hers in, and the channels played. She never had any issues and can offer no help because everything was automatic for her. I don't know what a log is, I don't have a clue what to do to get this to work. As far as I knew, I would set it up and be good to go, or I never would have got an android box. Can someone please tell me why the tv channels won't playHuh? How can I get them to playHuh Tks
did you sign up for Ustvnow? The lcoation of your log can be found: <data/sdcard/Android>/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/temp/kodi.log or /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/kodi.log (source wiki)
Sorry but I don't know how to look anything up from the tv. I just signed up for ustvnow from my iPad but it doesn't help. I'm only connected to wifi via my tv. As I said I don't understand any of this
I don't have an android tvbox so I can't provide you with a step by step guide how to do this. I hope someone else here can help you but otherwise just use google.
Did your box come pre-loaded with Kodi?

If so then most likely it came with a custom version of Kodi or was preloaded with Banned add-ons (wiki) and due to our Forum rules (wiki), which you agreed to when you signed up, you will not receive any support here other than the removal of Kodi from your preloaded box and the installation of the official Kodi app.

You should also see the USTV Now thread here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233135