Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Solved - CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: SSL connect error(35)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ubuntu 16.04, Kodi 16.1 GIT:c327c53 using PlexKodiConnect 1.5.1.

Setup has been working for some time now, but since a couple of days I am unable to get new cover art. During my debugging attempts I completely removed the plexkodiconnect configuration and resynced, which results in no cover art at all. The kodi log fills itself nicely with the following errors:

Code:
22:42:16 T:140018316990208   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: SSL connect error(35) for https://MyIPandIdentifier.plex.direct:44443/library/metadata/475206/thumb/1484860451?X-Plex-Token=ThisIsMyToken

I have tried installing a new curl from the yakkety (17.04) repositories, but that gave me the same problem. I also completely removed my kodi user home directory and restarted with a new profile. Same problem as well.

If I check the link on the command line or a browser, it resolves and gives me a nice picture.

Completely stuck on how to debug this, read most of the older threads, but to no avail. Any ideas?
As we did not change anything in 16.1 since more than one year, there was most likely a python upgrade by your distribution.
Exact same issue here in the last days - almost kill my self trying to solve it.

Please help ASAP - this is a major bug
(2017-01-21, 18:46)gilcoh Wrote: [ -> ]Exact same issue here in the last days - almost kill my self trying to solve it.

Sounds quite demanding
(2017-01-21, 18:48)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-21, 18:46)gilcoh Wrote: [ -> ]Exact same issue here in the last days - almost kill my self trying to solve it.

Sounds quite demanding

Demanding but politely Smile
Anyway, I guess it's something with pycurl and libcurl that kodi is using, hope it will be fixed soon, or we should wait to official Kodi 17 release
It uses your distributions versions ... nothing kodi can fix.
(2017-01-21, 19:35)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]It uses your distributions versions ... nothing kodi can fix.

Any suggestions how solve that? (ubuntu 16.04)
What happens from a shell?

Code:
curl https://MyIPandIdentifier.plex.direct:44443/library/metadata/475206/thumb/1484860451?X-Plex-Token=ThisIsMyToken
# curl https://MyIPandIdentifier.plex.direct:44...sIsMyToken

curl: (6) Could not resolve host: MyIPandIdentifier.plex.direct

I suspect it's something with the curl packages, tried to rollback curl | libcurl3 | libcurl3-gnutls - no success yet Undecided
Maybe the python3-pycurl?...
You know that you need to change the url so it matches?
(2017-01-21, 21:37)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]You know that you need to change the url so it matches?

I don't understand how this curl can diagnose our problem
(2017-01-21, 08:27)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]As we did not change anything in 16.1 since more than one year, there was most likely a python upgrade by your distribution.

Thanks for the tip. Removed a lot of python related stuff and reinstalled it. That somehow fixed it. I think the main package issue was with pycurl, but I am not sure.

Stuff is working again. I guess I triggered the solution by installing the package: python-software-properties, which for some reason was gone.
(2017-01-21, 22:06)triptolemeus Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the tip. Removed a lot of python related stuff and reinstalled it. That somehow fixed it. I think the main package issue was with pycurl, but I am not sure.

Stuff is working again.

Hey man, can you please elaborate with the exact packages and versions?
Thanks
(2017-01-21, 22:08)gilcoh Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man, can you please elaborate with the exact packages and versions?
Thanks

I stopped kodi first, then I removed a handful packages that I installed as I tried to fix this issue and curl. This will remove kodi as well, just saying.
Code:
sudo apt-get remove python-openssl python-cryptography python-setuptools python-pkg-resources curl

Then I installed kodi again:
Code:
sudo apt-get install kodi

Then I installed the python-software-properties, which installed python-pycurl as well:
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties

As for the version numbers, I just use the standard ubuntu xenial sources and I have backports and security updates enabled.
Pages: 1 2