Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: kodi regular crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ive been running kodi for several years now on an HTPC origionally through windows then i moved to openelec but recently ive had 2 faults occure which i cant see m to fix even after doing a wipe and fresh install, i even moved from openelec to librelec but im still having the issues which are:
issue 1 - randomly during playback kodi just reboots for some reason this can happen 1 to 5 times in one evening of trying to watch things.
issue 2 - during streaming usually near the begining of streaming something the playback freezes and the sound continues if i try to stop playback or anything then the whole thing just freezes with me then having to manually restart the pc. for the first time today though this happened whist kodi was booting up too.

any help with this would be very much appreciated as ive been trying now for several months to solve this and kodi is all i use for entertainment.
thanks very much.
i have my log file saved on my laptop but not sure how to upload it to here
We'll need a debug_log (wiki) to know what's going on. Given that you've also mentioned streaming, I would also call your attention to the forum_rules (wiki) and, specifically, our position on free content (wiki), just in case that's your problem.
(2017-01-22, 20:43)frazhd2 Wrote: [ -> ]i have my log file saved on my laptop but not sure how to upload it to here

pastebin.com
thankyou ill try upload a log now. as for the rules i believe im using a legal addon not one using piracy i dont want to be breaking any rules thanksSmile
http://pastebin.com/YTQWdMUb

i believe this is my log
thanks
Well, your crash seems to be in one of the addons by the Python errors - and, since you have (at least) Exodus, Sportsdevil and Superrepo installed, you're the wrong side of the line, I'm afraid.

Uninstall those, plus any other addons that have come from unofficial repositories. If you still get the problem, please post back here and someone can take a look - but there's nothing we can do while you have piracy addons installed, even if you're not using them.
ok i understand i appreciate you getting back to me i will remove these and see how i get on.
thankyou very much.