Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to set kodi GUI refresh rate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi:
I know the option 'Adjust Display Refresh Rate' can set the TV's refresh automaticly at begin of a movie, this works fine on my HTPC. But almost all of my movie is 23.976fps but the kodi's GUI use a refresh rate of 60fps, so every time i play a movie it need to switch the TV's refresh rate, this make a short of black screen. And when i want stoped the play and the screen return to the main GUI of kodi it appear again.
So if it can set the refresh rate of main GUI to the refresh rate what i needed, these describe things above will not happen.
But in the video setting of kodi there only have the resolution setting, no where can set the refresh rate of GUI. If i use xrandr to set the TV's refresh rate at desktop to 23.976fps, then i start to run kodi, it remind 60fps. I looks like in fullscreen mode kodi will set the refresh rate itself.
I found that in windows version of kodi, the setting of resolution will have multi of the same resolution (like multi of 1920x1080p) but in fact one of them means a different refresh rate which the TV support at this resolution. I try and found on of them is [email protected]. But in linux version of kodi, there is only one resolution option, and it always 60fps.
So how can i set the refresh rate of kodi's main GUI? Is there any config file can use to modify?
You set the refresh rate in the video settings where you set the resolution.. When you change the resolution the list contains the different refresh rates.
(2017-01-23, 10:07)laric Wrote: [ -> ]You set the refresh rate in the video settings where you set the resolution.. When you change the resolution the list contains the different refresh rates.

In windows version of kodi, it is true, although they all have the same text (for example: 1920x1080p) not show out the refresh rate, but i can try one by one then check the system info to confirm.

But linux version of kodi, there is only one option of one resolution, and it always set to 60fps.
Then I suspect you have a driver problem or something like that because I am getting the list of resolutions and refresh rates on my Linux installs as well.
Might be that you haven't changed to advanced or expert mode on the settings?
Set the Resolution is possible in my case but Kodi switches from time to time from 1080p 50Hz to 1080p 60Hz