Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Parse Error on Android TV Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a problem installing Kodi 17 RC 3 on an Android TV Box (S82 from Tronsmart).

I believe it runs Android 4.4.2 and like usual for many Android TV boxes updates are not available.

I turned off file verification and allowed unknown sources to install. The Kodi version 16.1 runs just fine, but regardless how often I download version R3 from the KODI page I get a parse error. I also tried the site apkmirror and got the same problem, which means it has something to do with my installed Android or Box itself.

The last step that was mentioned in the YouTube help files was resetting the device completely, but I doubt this will solve the problem if all other tips did not work.

Any ideas how I can fix that issue?

Thanks,
Thorsten
v17 does not work on android < 5.0...
Im having the same problem, but am trying to install Jarvis 16.1 Can anyone help me out?
***update***
I have tried to load kodi 15.2 and 16.1 via usb and while it installs and loads to the first run screen it then goes black? What could be the problem?
Those Tronsmart S82's have a AMLogic S802 Chipset.

Only hope for Kodi Krypton on them is to run LibreELEC Kodi from a Samsung EVO or Sandisk Calss 10 micro SDHC card:

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-5274.html
hi
i am having problems trying to download kodi it downloads the package but when i click on it after the package downloads it comes up parse error and i dont know how to get rid of it and carry on

yours faithfully
bradleygorton567
What android version do you have?
To everyone, all answers are in the START HERE Sticky thread....