Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New member needs advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I am new to firestick, so I hope I am posting this in the correct forum. My first question is that I have a firestick with V15. and it also has Kodi. Is it easy to upgrade it to V17?
Question 2, is that I want to purchase another new stick on eBay. What advice would you have for me to purchase?
But, the firestick with v15 was giving to my wife a few months ago and it just got a chance to plug it in. We have 2 TVs so I would like two sticks with kodi for each TV

THANKS for your help, steve
If your Fire TV stick came pre-loaded with Kodi, then most likely it came with either a custom version of Kodi or with Banned add-ons (wiki) which you will not get any support for here other than the removal of that version and/or add-ons and help installing the official version of Kodi.

As for your second question, don't buy off ebay. If you're going to buy a Fire TV device go straight to the source and buy from Amazon or other authorized retailer.

I would also suggest that you check out our Forum rules (wiki) as well as our wiki for how to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV (wiki) devices.