Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie Management Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright so I have my external hard drive with a lot of movies on it I've been getting lately, and how I organize them is a folder with the name of the movie, then the movie file inside.

Example:

Finding Nemo (Folder)
Finding nemo bluray x264 1080p.mp4

And then I got the addon for kodi, the movie database, which is really nice cause it gives my movies art, trailers, and descriptions which is really cool and I like a lot. But I had a couple of questions about it thatI couldn't seem to figure out on my own.

Is there a way for it to download all the art and descriptions for all the movies I have? So if for example my internet went out I would still have the art and info about the movies.

And if the previous question is possible, is there a way to make it so it downloads the movie art and info into the folder of the movie, so if I were to plug the hard drive into my pc it would look like:

Finding Nemo (Folder)
Finding nemo bluray x264 1080p.mp4
Finding Nemo Description.xmf
Finding Nemo art.jpg

All in the folder.

And last question, if the above stuff is possible, can I do the same with trailers? It's a 5tb hard drive so space isn't a problem, and I think it would be really cool to just have the trailers downloaded and part of the folder also.

Thanks in advance for any help!
I realized this should go in video support so I made a new thread there but it wouldn't let me delete this one, if someone could delete it that would be awesome. thanks.
Download MediaElch (google it), and it will manage all your artwork, trailers, movie descriptions and more. Plus you can manage Genre's (so you can change all those Star Trek movies to just be under the Genre Science Fiction, and not have a few show up under Drama).

Give it a try, it's very easy to use, and once you scrap all your movies, you never have to do it again. So on a new install of Kodi, it will just pick up all the info in the movie folder, without requiring an internet connection.