Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Turn off the UI freeze when switching channels in live TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a problem that has bugged me since the XBMC days.

Why is it when switching channels in the TV guide, while watching the spinner while the channel loads, the UI completely freezes up? Every button I press on the remote or keyboard gets acknowledged by a beep, but does nothing?

What if (common use case) there is a problem with the channel's signal and I'm waiting forever for it to load and I want to cancel switching channels?
I cant do that! The UI is frozen.

What if I want to do another task in the menu while waiting for a channel to load?
I can't do that! The UI is frozen.

Is there any way to fix this?
Good questions for a different forum.

Moving to PVR & Live TV Support [PatK]
From memory, I thought the escape key cancels - although it might not be immediate. There's also a timeout (in settings) so you should not have to wait forever.

Sounds like there's something else going on that's crashed the UI.

Andy
Hitting back on remote/escape/backspace or any other key does not cancel channel loading. I have to wait for the channel to either load, or "fail" to load from the PVR.

I want the timer to be high in case it takes a while to lock on to the signal, but I do not want the UI to block all input until the channel loads, including the inability to cancel.

This is a feature request, not a support question.
X on a kybd kills the working... "death spin"
/kens