Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI not opening on Apple TV 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
KODI has been working fine and yesterday it suddenly stoped. I have restarted the device and it still doesn't work. When i click on the KODI app, it looks like it start's, you could see the KODI screen open but closes immediately.

It looks like something is blocking the app from starting, could someone help or has this been solved already.
I'm having the exact same issue. Kodi app tries to start but dies right away.
Using older (non Krypton beta) Jarvis Kodi deb's it works fine for me all day every day:

http://ftp.igh.cnrs.fr/pub/xbmc/test-bui...rwin/tvos/
Resign after 7 days?
(2017-01-28, 18:27)g_law Wrote: [ -> ]KODI has been working fine and yesterday it suddenly stoped. I have restarted the device and it still doesn't work. When i click on the KODI app, it looks like it start's, you could see the KODI screen open but closes immediately.

It looks like something is blocking the app from starting, could someone help or has this been solved already.

Sounds like your provisioning certificate has expired. Did you use paid Dev account when signing Kodi and how long ago did you install it?
Same thing applies to Scooter67.
Hello I have been having the same problem that started yesterday, I purchased my Apple TV loaded with kodi so I have like zero knowledge on how and when it was done, but what I can tell you is it's been great for like 3 months until yesterday when it started acting up like the others above. So please can anyone help me?
Just as Uad7116, i purchased it on ebay on Sep 07, 2016 and i have no idea about a provisioning certificate. Is there a way to renew this certificate?
That's crazy strange I bought mine the exact same day!
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I really hope you didn't pay a premium for the pre-installed Kodi app...

Any version of Kodi installed onto an Apple TV will expire unless the Apple TV is jailbroken.

The only way to fix it if the device isn't jailbroken is to sign and re-install the app using MacOS.

Here is a guide on how to do it.

iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
I have the same issue but I'm not sure if it's the developer account issue for Apple.
My friend had a one year dev account and he installed kodi on my apple tv4 around 8 months ago. The Dev account is 12 months isn't it?
(2017-01-31, 00:16)watson17 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same issue but I'm not sure if it's the developer account issue for Apple.
My friend had a one year dev account and he installed kodi on my apple tv4 around 8 months ago. The Dev account is 12 months isn't it?

Yes, an app signed with a developer account should last for 12 months or until the account is due for renewal.

Did he maybe have the account for a while prior to installing the app to your Apple TV?
(2017-01-31, 00:19)DanTheMan827 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-31, 00:16)watson17 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same issue but I'm not sure if it's the developer account issue for Apple.

Yes, an app signed with a developer account should last for 12 months or until the account is due for renewal.

Did he maybe have the account for a while prior to installing the app to your Apple TV?

That is a possibility. I would have to check.
I thought when the dev account exprired it says that when you went to open kodi?
Mine was jail broken. Bought off of eBay as well
I made a tutorial for kodi on JB aTV4's here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2512169
OK, i found a "fix-ish". If you bought yours from eBay, you should contact the seller to see if they could reprogram the device for you. I did it and they agreed to take it back and sent it back within a day. I did have to pay to ship it to them but they shipped it back for free.

I got the device back and it works better than ever.

This still doesn't solve what happened to it.
Pages: 1 2