Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Has Kodi 17 final just been released?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has the final build release of Kodi 17 just quietly been released?

My Kodi just updated itself through Google Play Store (despite the store still saying 16.1 is latest).

Now my splash screen saying v17 kypton. It doesn't say RC like the previous builds.
The build date in system info is 01/02/2017.

Nothing updated on main page or forum yet.
yes. no. maybe. we don't know :-)
BURN!
Most pobably it is, base on github releases - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/releases

I assume when all versions are built and ready page will be updated.
Yes. Mine just got updated too on my nvidia shield

Sent from my iPad
My two Nexus Players just got updated but are both stuck on Add-on migration. Been over an hour. I'm stuck. Force stop and retry yields the same result.
Unfortunately: Yes.

I wanted to go to sleep and watch 20 minutes of TV before. However to my surprise I received a new logo and a database migration progress bar. After which my entire library no longer functioned. The totals were still in there but I was unable to see actual entries. I am in no mood to deal with this so I wanted to play something through video>files>smb share. However that also did not fuction, no files were visible on the tv show share. Only the movie share was working.

I am now pulling a backup from .kodi to my PC after which I will completely remove Kodi from my TV with the purpose of a clean install. Note that I never installed Kodi through the play store, I have been using the .apk since the beta for android tv.
mine updated too, now when I start Kodi I only get a black screen

Sent from my Nexus 6
I'm having lots of issues. When watching anything, from my nas, or an addon if I try to skip, the movie or show closes. A lot of things now wont open, etc. Looks like I'm going back to 16.1
my tablet Lg 8.3 no longer supported by kodi17, I use it to cast to chromecast with a script