Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems with library import/export
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1) I think it solved unfortunate that with the option single file per entry a subdirectory consisting of many files (usually jpg files) is created.
Especially if occur from TMDb movie names that contain illegal characters. I can not copy the exported directory to a flash memory formatted with FAT32.

Question to the Kodi-team: Would not it be better when Kodi would output that as a zip file?

2a) When I import the library, the images are always missing from the actors, even though they were exported.

2b) After importing, kodi seems to still search files like fanart from the internet again.

Can the kodi-team check the export/import function again?
Does not interest anyone, or does not understand what I mean?

Sittich
(2017-06-11, 12:19)Sittich Wrote: [ -> ]Does not interest anyone, or does not understand what I mean?

Sittich
Did you read the wiki?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_libr...ingle_file
Quote:Note: Exporting to a single file is discouraged in Frodo and higher, as there is a big issue with artwork. It changes the artwork location URL to the folder location of the export, which causes problems when you want to redownload the information.
As I understand it exporting to a single path just doesn't work for art unless you're importing back onto the same machine - and even then it's likely to cause problems.
What are you trying to achieve? Maybe there's another way.