Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mouse issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yes Exten, been wondering that too. There surely must be many users who'd like to watch their videos on other devices than Android TVs.

And nickr - found the Ignore button. PM me if you got somethin productive to contribute. byebye.
In the Estuary Plus Skin I've added the option of scrollbars on the home screen to provide full mouse support.

Details in this post:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307916

It means you would need to use the above skin to get this facility but as it is only the standard skin with increased font sizes it's perhaps not a major drawback Wink
A lot of this and that...
The Estuary skin (being the default skin whent upfrading to v. 17), should have the mouse support.
I do not care about remotes, or joysticks or whatever... I control my pc with a mouse and a keyboard.
So, all the smart people who say that they use only the keyboard, how do you get to the context menus without the mouse?
Can somebody show me the way?

And who said that it wasn't designed to be controlled by mouse?
There is NO entry since version 14 saying that.
c = context menu see the wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard

I on the other hand can't think of anything worse than sitting on my sofa with a mouse!

What do you mean by "entry".
Mouse scroll too fast in preview?
it was all good before than came all of sudden.eatin nerves ...deep breath i found a sollution.in kodi krypthon go to settings-skin settings-general-enable auto scrolling... just click to disable and get nerves down.
bye
I gotta agree here, Estuary is almost unusable with touchscreen/mouse
(2017-04-03, 12:38)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]I gotta agree here, Estuary is almost unusable with touchscreen/mouse
It is not supposed to be.
Totally agree. There's no way to control Kodi with a mouse, which is a shame really.

The estuary skin looks all right ...ish, but it should not have been chosen as default skin.
If this is supposed to push users towards using remotes, it's failing. It's rather pushing users towards considering other media players.
Kodi is designed to be used with a remote. If people don't want to use a remote controlled media player, then they should probably be looking elsewhere anyway.

As if we care how many users there are.
(2017-04-23, 22:31)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]If people don't want to use a remote controlled media player, then they should probably be looking elsewhere anyway.

Translation of the bold text: So fuck off.
Really nice attitude...
So you stated clearly, that you don't care about the users?
Great...
The thing is that among Kodi's settings there is a "enable mouse and touch support", therefore being this the default skin it should support all the features Kodi has natively (as Confluence did).
Then of course you're free to install the skin you want with the features and add-ons you want, but that's not the default experience which I guess is the one for most of users...

So if you are not planning to support mouse, it'd be better to remove it at all, but you'd remove also support to all users using Kodi on their laptop or similar devices (like most of my friends I suggested using Kodi)

Anyway mine was just a reflection, you're the coders and yours is the choice, and honestly it isn't an issue for me as I use a remote or otherwise keyboard...
(2017-04-25, 11:53)vel2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-23, 22:31)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]If people don't want to use a remote controlled media player, then they should probably be looking elsewhere anyway.

Translation of the bold text: So fuck off.
Really nice attitude...
So you stated clearly, that you don't care about the users?
Great...

I think he meant that there are a very limited number of users who use a mouse with Kodi.

This has already been said several times, Estuary was not developed to be used with a mouse. You can use keyboard or a remote.
(2017-04-25, 12:53)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]I think he meant....
Thats not important, no need to "protect" him.
The important thing is, what he wrote...
And the Quintessence is, that he just don't give a shit about the users opinions/wishes/requests, combined with a ***** attitude.
PS: I hardly doubt, that the majority of user don't use a mouse.
But ok, up to you guys.
I'm out...
Of course I give a shit about users, that's why I have 17000+ posts.

Team Kodi is not in a market. We are not Microsoft or Apple and dependent on 'sales' to make a buck. We don't make any profit. Therefore we aren't focussed on user numbers. That is what I meant by "As if we care how many users there are".

Read the web page at http://kodi.tv - particularly
Quote:Kodi is available for multiple operating-systems and hardware platforms, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls.

Those who want to use a mouse have other options - whether it is a skin that does interact well with a mouse, to vlc, windows media player, mplayer with a gui, and probably many others. And if they go to another player, it doesn't matter to Team Kodi.

Hope that is clear.
No. Mouse should be supported.
Pages: 1 2 3 4