Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Files deleted without wanting it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since i try the RC and Final Versions of kodi 17 the system deletes tv recording files without wanting it. Some recordings i havent watched before. This morning i watched a 2 hour recording. Then stopped it after one hour. And when i wanted to continue it says its not there anymore. Its still listed in kodi but erased on the harddisk. What could be the problem?! Not having this problem with 16.1

I got also warning from windows defender the kodi RC4 setup file would be a trojan virus. Is there a connection?

Windows 10 64bit, asrock120M, Geforce GT710, Kodi 17 with Mediaportal 1.16pre
No problems on 17.0 here using pvr-wmc as pvr client. I don't think whatever was the issue on RC4 windows build has anything to do with your problem. I installed RC4 before MSSE picked the installer up (next day) and quarantined it and didn't have any problems with it.

scott s.
Still problems with unwanted deleting files and flickering videos. Back to 16.1 now. I also thnk it has nothing to do with the virus warning but with bugs in Kodi 17.
after going backto 16.1 file deleting still exists. so it seems that its not a kodi 17 problem.
We never delete files unless user initiated. Is the actual file really disappearing from the hard drive? just asking to be sure it's not the Watched functionality kicking in and hiding it in Kodi.
maybe its a problem with mediaportal disk quota system for automatic deleting files. but it should delete old ones and not the newest?! is there an option for automatic deleting watched files, where can i turn it off? and is it deleting video files that are only half watched or 60 percent?!
PS: yes its deleted from harddisk as i can see in the windows explorer.
We have no automatic deletion within Kodi, what I wanted to make sure of is that in the views you can set "hide watched" so the file is still there but Kodi just won't show it in the UI, however since it's deleted to from your disk it's more likely that the Mediaportal PVR service is doing something.