Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Play store showing "your device is not compatible with this version".
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running Android 5.1.1, play store refusing to upgrade.

Any ideas?
Try from the Kodi download page?
https://kodi.tv/download/
Installs fine from Downloads, suggesting it is a different build on the play store or the manifest is malformed and is rejecting valid installs
Here Android 6.0 .. same story. Unavailable on Play Store, maybe because of many bugs in version 17 Krypton.
Just take a look at the rating/comments on the page .. really discouraging :/
Quite likely most of them are people with banned addons (wiki) that no longer work.
Zero addons installed on my box, even went and completely uninstalled kodi to make sure, still nothing, but as i said, installed via the website apk just fine.
(2017-02-04, 00:52)marmz Wrote: [ -> ]Just take a look at the rating/comments on the page .. really discouraging :/

... and from people who don't like the new skin. Well, change it, then. It's trivial to do - faster than complaining on Play, in fact...
(2017-02-04, 01:03)Prof Yaffle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-04, 00:52)marmz Wrote: [ -> ]Just take a look at the rating/comments on the page .. really discouraging :/

... and from people who don't like the new skin. Well, change it, then. It's trivial to do - faster than complaining on Play, in fact...

yeah, very first thing i did was switch back to xonfluence for custom main menus based on smart playlists
On my P8 Lite, version 17 crashes at start..
On my Android TV, it works but no more Zeroconf service.. so Airplay renderer is not visible on my LAN..

Definitely, not a really stable upgrade, don't you think?
I jumped back to 16 Jarvis.. for now.
Well.. 17 Krypton back again in Google Play Store.
It seems to work fine, but Zeroconf is still missing. Hope you guys find a good solution..
Big up! I still believe in you Big Grin
(2017-02-04, 00:57)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Quite likely most of them are people with banned addons (wiki) that no longer work.

Sorry, but how can you have banned addons if it won't install Kodi? Smile Smile
Most of the ratings/comments (at least the negative ones) are for the inability to watch movies currently at the cinema in glorious 4K with surround sound on their cheap crap Chinese Kodi fully loaded box, rather than anything else like not being able to install.

I spent a while trying to respond to some of them, but gave up in the end as it's like trying to bail out a boat using a sieve...