Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Update brings back old problems (lags on Matricom G-Box Q)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(i'm not a native speaker - so i'm not that dumb. Even if it looks that way :-D )

I'm not complaining about design. It's all about the main function: Watching Video-Files!!!!

I've been through a lot with Kodi/XMBC. It took me a long time to play huge .mkv-Files on my Matricom Q-BoxG without laggs and stuttering. After a huge amount of tweeks here and there (which i cant remember in detail^^), for the last year, it works fine for me. (even with .mkv-Files with a size >20GB)

Then Kodi17 hits my system... every adjustment i've made in 16, seems to been ported to 17 BUT now the Laggs are back! Only 10FPS i guess. Even on SD Material. - Last Night i tried to configure Kodi again but i cant play any Video-File from my NAS-System smoothly. And my Matricom Box is not working to capacity.

Somebody got an Idea?
Did you check your advanced settings XML to add in the Network tweaks? (BufferCacheMode, etc). That used to work on my Matricom G-BOX (but I haven't touched it in a minute since I gave it to my son). I have a newer/faster box now and Krypton works great but there is a noticeable speed degradation from 16.4 - but I think its due to all the changes in Krypton, it being BRAND NEW, and hasn't been tweaked yet.

Another option is side load SPMC 16.4.2 (you can run KODI and SPMC side by side). SPMC is custom for Android and ran better than KODI on my G-BOX.
It's not Kodi issue, it's Matricom firmware issue as they most probably are using first and last Amlogic Lollipop SDK which supported S805/S812 and it's pretty outdated. Complain to them Smile
I complained there as well^^
The Reply:
Quote:"Been using Kodi 17 since beta. I've had no issues with it. You might have a setting configured incorrectly. If you're not sure what setting it is I would recommend clearing the app data in Kodi and trying to play files from your NAS again."

Devil

cant find a way for "clearing the app data in Kodi". so i uninstalled and re-installed kodi. (as recommended by other members of the forum)
Same Problem. Losing frames and sudden speedups all the time
don are you using local content or streaming content? First place I would be looking is in the setting for Hardware acceleration. Try and enable/disable them and see if it improves any. You may have to enable expert settings to see the option, can't recall of the top of my head.