Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stupid question - I can go from a nightly to release for KODI 17 right?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been rebuilding my KODI with each of the nightlies. When I hit 1/31 even just seemed to work and I got comfortable with it. Now that the final is out I can just install over my existing 1/31 nightly correct? I plan to use the same test build ("shitty"). Reconfiguring everything doesnt take too long, but would love to avoid it if I can.

I'm asking because I did run into trouble updating over the nightlies when it would say updating then fail.
You'll be our guinea pig Smile I would think most of the nightlies are now into the start of Leia, but I wouldn't think there would be a heck of a lot of risk installing K17 right over top, but please report back. I've carried on with K17 RC all the way through to release and it got better and better, but I always kept my stable away from the portable builds.
Yes, you can install v17 Final over nightlies, I did it so it shouldn't be a issue.

(2017-02-03, 23:18)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]You'll be our guinea pig Smile I would think most of the nightlies are now into the start of Leia,

Nightles for v17 are still being compiled since we'll get v17.1, 17.2, etc.
Thanks Tin,

I still need the "shitty" builds as PCM hack is only way for me to get DTS on my s912 box (but it works great). I was thinking of going from 1/31 build to latest "shitty". If that upgrades in place that would be awesome.
It seems that the key is 17.x nightlies, not 18.x - once you're on the 18.x branch, you could get e.g. database upgrades and the like that would be harder to revert. So it depends on what the shitty build is based on.