Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Restore Dual Shelfs on Amber Krypton??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to restore the dual shelf in media (ie. tv shows) Recently Added, and In Progress to show on the main screen like prior versions instead of the three dots to scroll through them?

Thanks
Settings > Skin Settings > Home Shelf > Show Double Row Shelves = Yes

[edit] Oh wait... that only shows two rows of the same shelf type. Then I would also like to know if that's possible, because I would really like to see both the "Recently Added" and "In Progress" items at the same time like before. Sad
I had to go back to Jarvis lol. I really hope someone could help us out.
Yeah, this ruins Amber for me.

The new default theme is much better than the old default theme from v16 but it has it's own shortcomings so I'm stuck at the moment.

If anyone knows how to change this please let us know.
OK, I've relented :-)

Can someone please test

https://github.com/joethepartylion/skin....ertShelves

There is a switch in the Skin Settings to enable Jarvis style shelves, this should work as before but the newly added shelves will not be available e.g. TV, Radio, Weather, at this time.
That works for me. Thank you very much.

The reasons why we love it:
  • You can see all the TV shows that you are currently watching
  • The combination of Recent Movies and Random is a good choice
  • Less button clicks - the views that you want to see aren't hidden behind 2-3 extra clicks

Some areas for improvement:
  • New episodes is good if you have added one or two episodes of different shows but if you add a season it just makes the whole screen fill with several copies of the same TV poster and you only get one of your shows (maybe it should group new episodes?)
  • It would be nice to be able to access the movies information page by pressing 'i'

On a separate note it would be great to be able to see file sizes / bit rates on videos Smile

I apologise for going off topic - I'm happy to make a thread if you're interested in this feedback. Thanks again for helping us with this.
(2017-02-06, 15:36)furyritchie Wrote: [ -> ][*] New episodes is good if you have added one or two episodes of different shows but if you add a season it just makes the whole screen fill with several copies of the same TV poster and you only get one of your shows (maybe it should group new episodes?)
[*] It would be nice to be able to access the movies information page by pressing 'i'
[/list]

On a separate note it would be great to be able to see file sizes / bit rates on videos Smile

Hi.

Glad it is working for you, I'll send a pull request to Jester :-)

Unfortunately this is all under the control of Skin Widgets so you would need to ask the author of that if these can be implemented. The reason I moved away from Skin widgets was to allow Information to be accessed using 'i' and to add new shelves that Skin Widgets doesn't support.

File sizes are only available within the File view of Kodi and bit rates can only be shown within the player process info as they may not be constant.

Thanks
The only think i missing on new shelf is "recommended episode" (skin widget future i think), or at least "unfinished tv shows" ( videodb://inprogresstvshows ).
Did you try create "recommended episode" as smart list (xsp)?
(2017-02-06, 16:41)Beam Wrote: [ -> ]"unfinished tv shows" ( videodb://inprogresstvshows ).

This will be easy to add and I'll try and get it to Jester soon.
Yep, it's easy, but not so comfortable as recommended episode.
First unseen or uncomplete episode from every show in videodb://inprogresstvshows will be great, but i don't know how to this with skin DSL only (without skin widgets).

Anyway, thanks for your work and support. Wink
(2017-02-06, 14:40)joethepartylion Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I've relented :-)

Can someone please test

https://github.com/joethepartylion/skin....ertShelves

There is a switch in the Skin Settings to enable Jarvis style shelves, this should work as before but the newly added shelves will not be available e.g. TV, Radio, Weather, at this time.

Joe,

Thank you so much!! I appreciate this a lot!
YESSSSSSSSSSS.

Thanks for this Joe, it was my favourite feature of Amber (apart from how cool it all looks Big Grin ).

Reckon this'll be put out as an official update soon?
So, after taking this for a proper test drive, I can report the following glitches / issues / nitpicks:

Using this with OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 3.

* The menu bar on the home screen is lower now - so low it slightly obscures the weather bar Tongue

* When viewing episodes of a TV show, the information displayed in the center panel in List View is sometimes overlapping the file information icons.

* The new options for backgrounds in the title view of TV Shows are great, but also cause problems.

In Jarvis, Fanart was displayed when you actually went into the menu for a specific TV show.
Now, if you choose to "Show Fanart Background On Sub Windows", the TV Show title view will display fanart as you browse through each show. On my Pi 3 this means that if you scroll too quickly, it slows down the loading of the TV show icons and leaves a lot of blank spaces for a few seconds. Any chance of a "Display Fanart Only In Show View" option or something?

Cheers, Tim
(2017-02-07, 08:41)freakout87 Wrote: [ -> ]So, after taking this for a proper test drive, I can report the following glitches / issues / nitpicks:

Using this with OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 3.

* The menu bar on the home screen is lower now - so low it slightly obscures the weather bar Tongue

* When viewing episodes of a TV show, the information displayed in the center panel in List View is sometimes overlapping the file information icons.

* The new options for backgrounds in the title view of TV Shows are great, but also cause problems.

In Jarvis, Fanart was displayed when you actually went into the menu for a specific TV show.
Now, if you choose to "Show Fanart Background On Sub Windows", the TV Show title view will display fanart as you browse through each show. On my Pi 3 this means that if you scroll too quickly, it slows down the loading of the TV show icons and leaves a lot of blank spaces for a few seconds. Any chance of a "Display Fanart Only In Show View" option or something?

Cheers, Tim

Thanks for the reports, I'll have a look.

When you say show view do you mean only once you have entered the TV Show, i.e. at Season and Episode level only?
^^ yes, exactly.
Pages: 1 2