Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add-on refreshes file list...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, not sure how to explain this so found it really hard to find anything via Google or Forum search but I noticed recently that navigating and watching videos within addons is taking longer and this mainly appears to be down to the add-on refreshing all info from the server on each display.

For example the YouTube add-on is something I use frequently. If I bring up a search results page it will give me a list of videos as normal. Click on a video and start watching. However once I stop the video or toggle full screen to view the list again to either select another video or just look at the list there is a pause of 5-6 seconds and a spinny loading icon as what I am assuming is kodi asking the remote server for a refreshed list. Previously it would just dump you instantly back at the cached list which meant flocking between videos was quick.

Btw, this must be a kodi global issue as happens to all internet content now.

Is this something that has changed or is it something with my setup?

Sent from my LG-H815
Add-on caching was disabled for Kodi Krypton (PR10394)
But that decision has been reverted after complaints.

You'll need a new build to get the working caching. Krypton final should work, although you may also need PR11561 if the directory .kodi/temp/archive_cache doesn't exist.
repost...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2515985

Even if I've applied the archive_cache the perception is not brilliant like Kodi 16, the navigation on the addons is not fluid as expected; at least on RPI3