Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ver. 17 not working on my Android 5.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Auto update has ruined Kodi for me on my Android 5.1.1 phone. I can't get the previous through Google play. What do I do? I found a link to mirrors with earlier versions but I don't know how to install from a zip file and I don't really know if I have the correct download.

I have over 50 GB of music on an xd card. I have switched to VLC but want to get Kodi back also.

Thanks JB
Effectively you will have to uninstall Kodi v17, go to kodi.tv/downloads, get the APK for Jarvis Kodi 16, and then use a APK installer like APK Manager from the play store to install the APK. It helps to put the APK on the device. Can be a bit challenging if you are not technical but doable.
Thanks, but I couldn't find any available downloads for earlier versions. I have already uninstalled ver. 17.
JB
On the download page there is a section clearly named "Older Releases" - and then there is a link to click/tap on.
OK, I had this earlier. I selected android, then "arm" I have assumed that the "arm64" is 64bit and is not for my phone. So I got "http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/kodi-16.1-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk". I should be able to install this file. I know absolutely nothing about these phones, I've only had one for a month. I'll try to do some research on how.
Thanks for getting me to the right file. (do I need symbol files-they're only for debugging right?)

JB