Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OPENVPN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.....
Been attempting to install my paid IPVANISH on Kodi 17 Krypton....using addon Openelec will not setup....any tips please...
Hey there

i did this just a week ago using these steps
https://nerddrivel.com/2016/03/25/instal...-osmckodi/

do all these steps and confirm it works at the command line

once it connects then get the openvpn addon for kodi

double check the path of open vpn: sometimes is sbin other times its bin depending on your os

also turn on the require sudo
Thanks...but isn't that for the Raspberry p3
If this relates to the Pi then you've posted in the wrong section. I'll move it to the Pi one.

LibreElec has OpenVPN built in, which may be another option for you.
Thanks Darren it relates to Kodi 17 Krypton on my vusolo 4k....

What is the source repo for LibreElec please?
i followed the above steps i posted on ubuntu and it worked.
Thanks for your help guys..but all this is above me as it is.....is there a break down guide to achieve this.?..tia
@fairsats - which distribution are you using (LibreElec, OSMC, Raspbian etc)?
Darren...All I am trying to do is...install IPVANISH(PAID) VPN to my Kodi 17 on a VUSOLO 4K Satellite Linux receiver..thanks
Why?
(2017-02-04, 20:22)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Why?

I was told it would keep all my Kodi activity private....why..... do I not need to do this?
Are you using banned addons (wiki) for piracy with illegal sources or some other reason you have something to hide?

And you didn't answer my other question about which Kodi distribution you are using.
(2017-02-04, 19:14)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]@fairsats - which distribution are you using (LibreElec, OSMC, Raspbian etc)?

Linux....Enigma 2

Sorry Darren,bit confused as to why this was moved to Rasberryp1 section...posted initially in Linux
(2017-02-04, 15:29)fairsats Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks...but isn't that for the Raspberry p3

You rather implied you were running this on a Pi...

I'll put it back to Linux.
Pages: 1 2