Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cant access ES Downloader on Firestick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I am trying to intall Kodi on my Firestick that I purchased in November last year. I have tried 4 Youtube videos and have tried to intall version 16.1 with no luck then tried version 17 with no luck either.

Everytime I get stuck at the point were I try to launch the ES downloader when I am on the Kodi website but all I ever seem to get is an option to view what looks to be computer code. I live in the UK and suspect that my ISP (BT)could be attempting to block me downloading Kodi.

I have found a fix on the internet to alter settings on my router but before I do this does anyone know any other reason?

Many many thanks for any help provided as this has become a real pain.
Kodi is not being blocked.

We don't recommend using random YouTube videos as a guide to installing Kodi as they tend to misinform poeple and lead them down the path to installing nefarious things such as piracy add-ons. Use the Wiki, it illustrates various methods of getting Kodi onto Fire devices:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_Fire_TV
Thanks for the reply. This doesnt answer my query as this guide is exactly the same as the others and will lead to a deadend i.e. that I cant access the ES downloader. I only get the option of the firesticks HTML viewer or the ES equivalent which, as mentioned before, only lets me view text that looks like computer code.Ive tried clicking on the three dots in the bottom left corner but this doesnt help either.

It still leaves the question of what the next step is to rectify this.
Here are eight-ish ways to install Kodi on a FireTV: http://www.aftvnews.com/sideload/

That's obviously assuming you're old enough to care for reading rather than watching YT videos Wink
Hi. I resemble that remark :-) Thanks for the link. Will the different methods work for a firestick as well?
Clearly you haven't read the article.
Sorry I dont remember asking your opinion.
You got it nevertheless, if you want to be objectionable, you won't last long here.
Do you always greet newcomers with this same level of hospitality? Perhaps you need to take a leaf out of Dangelus or Koyings posts. Every forum always has a version of you lurking about somewhere.
Okay, cool it, please.

The article linked to above was entitled "Ultimate Sideloading Guide for Amazon Fire TV & Fire TV Stick" - so, yes, it will work for the Firestick as well. The clue is in the title. That's what nickr was pointing out.

Everyone here is just trying to get along, so please - chill, take a walk, shout at the cat, but please don't get stroppy here. It benefits no-one.
Exactly, the first method in the article says this:
Quote:This method uses an app called Downloader (free on the Fire TV Appstore) to download and install APKs directly onto a 1st-gen Fire TV, 2nd-gen Fire TV, 1st-gen Fire TV Stick, or 2nd-gen Fire TV Stick.

We can't and won't do everything for you, you do have to do some reading for yourself.

All the best and I hope one of the works for you. Welcome to kodi.
No problem. I just dont appreciate unhelpful know it alls butting in on my thread. Eveyone else has been more than helpful. Nickr really needs to calm it.
Nickr thanks for rollin out the welcome matt at last. Peace.
Peace indeed. My post should probably have said "read the article and all will be revealed". Now go and enjoy kodi, but don't hesitate to ask more questions.
Thanks Nickr. Much appreciated. I promise im not a keyboard warrior. :-)
Pages: 1 2