Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: shared mysql database - upgrade to krypton fails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently on Kodi jarvis 16.1
I have 4 clients: Desktop Win10 x64, HTPC Win10 X64 and two android phones.

For a few years now i have a shared kodi library database on a synology DS214play. This works flawless with my 4 devices.
From kodi 15 to 16 the upgrades all went fine.

Yesterday i tried to upgrade on my desktop to krypton. During install i was asked to keep settings and i confirmed. Install went fine but after starting Kodi only the splashscreen came and then nothing. After 15 minutes when i clicked woth the mouse Kodi crashed.

What can i do to upgrade with shared database?

My database user has all rights to create databases. Earlier upgrades went fine.
Hi,
can you have a look on the Synology what your current database version is? It should be MyVideo107 and/or MyMusic60 in case you kept the default naming scheme. A kodi log would be also helpful.

The upgrade is executed when the first client is started with the new version. Which client was used for that and was it the only Kodi 17 client with acces to the database? If you started another Kodi 17 client during the time of the database upgrade this could raise an issue.

These are the databases. It looks i have two now?

Which should I delete before retrying to upgrade?
Make sure you read this - http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Upgrading

The database upgrade *can* take a fair amount of time depending on size and specs of the server/NAS hosting the MySQL database. If you can remotely monitor the MySQL DB with MySQL Workbench (or other MySQL management tools) then this is useful to see if there is activity being performed by Kodi.

...and this to post logs so people can help you - http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
@vandermark, did you solve the upgrade?

I also have Kodi Jarvis with a centralized mysql db and your message scares a bit...

How can I test the upgrade without broking anything?
You won't break your 16.1 databases.